Night 3

"What do you say, Phil Lester? Wanna go on a date to the carnival with me?" Dan felt like he left his body he was so nervous.

Phil smiled at Dan's excitement "I would love to Daniel." He grinned, "Just let me change first yeah? You can wear something of mine if you want." Walking to his closet, he pulled out his Jake from Adventure Time hoodie and suddenly remembered the bandages that had covered his arms. "I'll go in the bathroom and you can dress in here yeah? I'll meet you in the living room." He rushed himself into the bathroom stripping off the iHop sweater that was basically stuck to him. He took off the bandages, throwing them away and sliding the fresh hoodie over his body. He scruffed up his hair in the mirror making sure he looked presentable.

Dan rifled through Phil's abundance of clothes. God, he has so many bright clothes... Dan finally found something more fitting to him, a black shirt with white stars around the collar. Dan forgot about the semi-fresh cuts all over his body and desperately rifled through the closet to find something to cover them. He hung up the shirt and switched it for a black jumper with a rainbow hummingbird on it.

Phil sat in the lounge waiting for Dan to come out of his room. Why was he so damned anxious? You're going on your first date with the cutest boy you've ever seen, he reminded himself. God, he hoped he looked okay. As he sat he pulled out his phone again looking at the pictures, this time instead of panicking he saved them. Though it was very rude, the barista took some pretty good pictures of the two. He grinned seeing how much Dan was clinging onto him in the first picture, he was so soft. He decided to make the picture of them holding hands his lock screen. He carefully cropped out both their heads so it could be anyone. Then he scrolled through his twitter looking at the mentions he was tagged in. "omg they tried to cover it up but literally look how in love they are" one comment said which made him smile, "If only you knew..." He whispered. Another comment said "Come on guys stop sharing the photos, they BOTH asked us to. The barista was wrong to take them in the first place! Let them have a normal life!" -@planetary_party. Phil smiled and liked the tweet. They were being so kind about it. It was easy to scroll past the comments that were crude or misunderstanding.

Dan looked at himself in the mirror, afraid that his hair was just all wrong because it hadn't been washed for a couple days, he tried fixing it as much as possible but he still felt unhappy with it. This is probably your second date in your entire life and you look like a goon. He hoped Phil didn't mind how unkempt he looked. Phil probably looked dazzling, he didn't even need to try. He was literally the cutest, most handsome man Dan had ever seen, even above Evan Peters. Dan was so nervous he felt like he was going to throw up as soon as he saw Phil. He walked out to where Phil was and smiled at him. "Wow... You look amazing Phil. Are you ready?"

Phil stood up smiling at Dan wearing his jumper, he looked so cute. "You're stunning," He grabbed Dan's hand holding it tightly "I'm ready whenever you are." He kissed Dan's cheek softly. He couldn't wait for what tonight held.

--- fairgrounds ---

Phil squeezed Dan's hand as they got out of the cab, he paid the driver before they got out and walked up to buy the tickets. He got them both wristbands that would let them go on whatever rides they wanted. Phil put his on carefully under his hoodie successfully hiding the bandages and he grinned at Dan "May I?" He asked holding out the wristband for him.

Dan nodded his head and gave a small smile at Phil, rolling up his sleeve and completely forgetting about the wounds that still haven't healed very much. He quickly put his sleeve back down and blushed, softly taking the bracelet from Phil and putting it on his own. "Uh... Thanks for paying... Sorry you had to see that." You idiot, how could you forget? His voices spit at him. Now he's going to think you've lost your mind.