chapter 18 - Chained

"What!. I'm hungry."

"I'm sure you can survive without a meal. Actually you can survive a month", he looked at me from head to toe with disappointment. It was a very mean and hurtful comment to pass. Without saying a word, I stormed out of my room into the kitchen.

Ayaan followed me and asked, "what the hell was that?". I didn't want to say anything that I would regret later so I chose to ignore him. He pulled me by my arm and asked again, "I asked what was that?"

"You're hurting me", I said and freed myself from his grip.

"You are getting very comfortable here", he said and left.

I heard something break in the dining area and by the time I hurried there, another sound of something breaking reached my ears. Two plates were shattered on the floor and I was shocked at this childish behavior. I looked at him puzzled and he grabbed me by my arm again and pulled me in a way that I stepped on several pieces on the floor. The pieces piercing my skin caused me to wince in pain and tears rolled down my eyes.

"Now storm out exactly the way you did, a while back", he said and pushed me to the floor. I hit my elbow to one of the pieces and it started to bleed.

When he saw blood on my elbow, there was worry in his eyes. He came towards me and gently pulled me up. He helped me to my bed and took the first aid box and handed it to me.

"Use it", he said and hesitantly left my room. He slammed the door shut and I sat there all alone. Trying to recall the whole situation I bursted into tears. Though I knew he was very different and weirder than any person I had ever met, my heart ached. I applied an antiseptic cream and also took pain killers. Things were just getting worse and for the minute of things.

It didn't seem like this was the same Ayaan I used the chat with before we got married. He seemed so understanding and caring that time. If only had I known, things would had been so much different. How could someone be that cruel? How could someone treat another human being that way? I had to talk to him and sort things out. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize when my brain was shuting down for the moment.

I woke up feeling a little dizzy, my phone showed that it was 1:00 pm. Instead of my well being, the first thing that came in my mind was that I had to talk to Ayaan. He couldn't treat me that way anymore. He had to learn to control his impulsive behavior.

As my feet felt better, I managed to get up but struggled my way to his room. I knocked once, and twice, and thrice. Battling with my thoughts of whether or not to open the door, I turned the door knob and it was open. I slowly opened the door and there he was, lying down on the bed with ear plugs on and looking at his phone. He looked calm, it seemed like the perfect time to talk to him.

"Can we talk", I asked hesitantly. Being cautious that I don't do anything that could trigger his rage.

He looked at me with fiery eyes, which caused goosebumps all over my body. He immediately sat up and rushed towards me, "how dare you enter my room without my permission?"

"I knocked but you didn't answer...."

"If I did not answer, that means I do not want to talk to you. Don't you understand that much?"

"I.... I....", before I could say anything else, he dragged me into my room and pushed me to the floor and left. I hit my shoulder first and an electric wave passed though the shoulder, also the pain in my feet intensified and I couldn't move anymore.

He entered my room, this time with a chain. Clueless, I looked at him confused unsure about his intentions. I tried to stand but my feet weren't co operating and I gave up. He came towards me and grabbed me by my arm, and started pulling me.