Epilogue

"Hello 911?
I saw someone jump from the first floor of an abandoned house in my neighborhood."

**********

Safa laid on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask. As difficult as it was, Rayan tried to hold him self together. He was looking at her through the glass on the door of the ICU. Tears rolled down his eyes as he saw her half dead body with bruises.

"I will be leaving now dear."

Rayan turned to look at the old aged woman who made the emergency call. "Thank you so much Ma'am. You saved her life."

"Oh not at all. It was her fate. Jesus saved her", she said and smiled before leaving.

He looked at the kind lady who saved Safa's life. He couldn't even imagine what would had happened if not for her call. His heart wasn't convinced that Safa was alright when he dropped her back home the previous day. Though he had no authority to interfere in Safa's personal life, he felt obligated to let her family know what was going on.

"Hello aunty. This is Rayan', Safa's colleague from her previous office. Hope you remember me", he said hesitantly.

"Yes beta, of course I remember you. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good too. Is everything alright?"

"I'm not sure", he was hesitant to tell her. Maybe it was something big or maybe something that didn't require any heed. But it was too late to let it go after making the call.

"What do you mean?"

"It's about Safa."

"Beta you are scaring me."

"I don't know how to tell this to you aunty. I live in the same city as Safa. I came here to complete my studies. I have met Safa and her husband twice, in the restaurant where I work part time and she didn't look happy at all. He is rude and bossy and also got me fired. Just sometime back when I was in her area while at work, I found her outside her door freezing on the floor while her husband was inside. She had once texted me to help her too but later denied. I think she is in trouble", he said and took a deep breath. He was relieved and happy that he did his part.

"Ya Allah! She never uttered a word. My daughter is in a foreign country facing so much...", she said and tears filled her eyes. He didn't know how to console her when he himself was worried.

"Thank you so much for informing me. May Allah bless you abundantly. I'll call her right now."

*Ring* *ring*

Rayan wiped his tears off and answered his phone. "Hello."

"How is she now?", Marwa asked with her broken voice. It was difficult for her to control herself especially when two people closest to her heart escaped death in a matter of months.

"Same. The doctors say that she is out of danger. We all are waiting for her to gain consciousness", he tried to console her even though he was as broken as her.

"Thank you so much for all your help. It'll take a couple of days for us to get there. We are doing everything we can to get there at the earliest."

"Its alright. You don't have to worry about anything. I'll give you every detail."

"Ok."

After disconnecting the call, he went back to the door and noticed her hand moving. He rushed to the first nurse he saw and told about Safa gaining conscious. Within a few seconds the doctor went in and checked her. Though he wanted to go in too, he wasn't sure if it would be appropriate.