chapter 14 - Unlock a privilage

I couldn’t believe my eyes. If I were to tell someone that that room had nothing but a pillow and blanket on the floor just a couple of hours back, they wouldn’t believe it. In less than 10 hours, the barren room was transformed into a beautiful luxurious bedroom. You name it and it was there.

Wooden bed set with side tables resting against the wall beneath the window, on the adjacent wall was a dressing table with a huge square mirror with light bulbs on the top, in front of which was a stool where I could sit and get ready. The furniture was all black, my favorite color. On the other wall facing the bed, was a rectangular shaped oil painting of the sea during sun set which was breath takingly beautiful. The wall against which the bed laid was dark grey which went well with the lighter shade of grey of the other walls.

I was overwhelmed with everything that happened today, everything that Ayaan did for me was extremely nice and I started doubting myself for thinking wrongly about him initially. Yes, he was short tempered and had a rather unusual way of dealing with it but his heart was pure. I didn’t know how to thank him and I looked at him. He was looking at me the whole time.

“I... I don’t know what to say. It’s beautiful and thank you so much for everything. I’m sorry for whatever happened, I’ll never do anything that would upset you. Thank you again,” I was almost in tears, I felt like I didn’t deserve any of it.

“You are more than welcome. I’m really glad that you loved it", he smiled at me and sat on the bed. He motioned me to sit next to him. I was a little hesitant at first but then I went ahead. Sitting at a safe distance from him.

He took the phone out of his pocket and face timed my father. I was going to talk to my parents! I had been dying to talk to them and it was finally happening. My father answered and there were no words to describe how happy I was to see him. My vision got blurry and I wiped my tears away, I didn’t want him to see me like that.

“hello dad”, Ayaan said.
“Hello beta (son). How are you?”
“I'm good dad. How are you doing?”
“I'm doing good too, God's blessing are with me.”
“I have a surprise for you dad. Here”, he said and turned the phone towards me. I immediately smiled and was lost of words.
“How are you beta?. It has been really long since we spoke to you”, dad sounded happy and I think it was a tear that formed in his eye, which I could see even through his spectacles.
“I… I’m good dad. How are you and ammi and Marwa?”
He laughed and said, “we are all doing good beta. Has your jetlag gone?”
Before I could answer, mom interrupted, “let me talk please. How are you beta? Has your jetlag gone?”

“I asked her the same thing!”, exclaimed dad who was now behind her.

“I’m fine. Yes all jetlag gone. In fact we went out today, such a beautiful place”, I smiled.

“Its nice to see you happy beta. Ayaan please don’t spoil her by doing so much, the other day you made her breakfast and now all you were out all day”, mom said aloud for Ayaan to listen.

“How did you know that he made breakfast for me?”

“Jiju had called up to inform that you guys reached. Madam was peacefully sleeping and my jiju went through the trouble of making breakfast for you. Jiju she’s very lazy, you are making her worse”, Marwa said, trying to get in the frame.

Ayaan laughed and said, “don’t worry Marwa, I’ll take care of that.”

I don’t know why but that statement of his made me really nervous, it sounded evil. Maybe it was the past incidents that made me feel that way. I brushed off the negative thoughts and was hopeful of looking forward to a better marriage.

“Lost in thoughts already? Thinking of your honeymoon is it?”, Marwa teased and continued, “jiju when are you guys leaving?.

“Only time will tell”, Ayaan said and turned to look at me. This time definitely gave me an evil vibe and my heart started pounding again.