Chapter 19 - Heart attack

I read his messages over and over. It was very tempting to respond to him but it was wrong. Not because I still had the same feelings for him but he had been a very important part of my life and would always hold a place in my heart. It was wrong because I was married and I loved my husband, even though he treated me worse than I could imagine. I succeeded in not responding to him but I couldn’t stop myself from having a look at his pictures.

He was an average build guy but had got leaner in the past three years, I wondered if it was because of me but the thought slipped as soon as I saw a tagged picture of him with a gorgeous girl with perfect features. She had captioned the picture 'with bae ❤️'. I won’t lie, they made a very good pair. But it hurt me to see him with someone else, I couldn’t even imagine what he was going through knowing that I belong to someone else forever.

I shut my phone and put it back on the table. I tried to get on the bed but the chains weren’t long enough. Neither could I reach the blanket on the bed. It had become extremely cold and I curled up into a ball next to my closet before I pulled out a few of my clothes to cover myself with. The pain in my neck wasn’t getting any better and I felt like I was going to throw up. I didn't know if I fell asleep or passed out as I couldn’t recall what had happened when I woke up the next morning.

I was awakened by the bright sunlight falling on my face through the windows. I rubbed my eyes and tried to get up but didn’t have the strength to do so myself. When I opened my eyes, I was shocked to see Ayaan sitting on the bed staring at me with a blank expression, it was worse than him fuming with rage as I didn’t know what to expect. He looked scary, scarier than usual.

“I cannot believe that you managed to have a good nap after what you did last night. I’ve been waiting here for you for the past four hours and here you are waking up from your beauty sleep”, he said rather disappointed at me.

The thought that he was staring at me for four hours sent shivers down my spine, suddenly I got very conscious of myself and tried to get up but failed. He moved towards me and it only made me dizzy every time I tried to move. He bent to my level and held me by my arm tightly to pull me up but his gripped loosened.

“You are warm. Are you sick?”, he touched my forehead and went to the dressing table to get the first aid box.

It had become a basic necessity for my existence. He was searching for something and when he didn’t find it, he threw it on the floor and rushed out. That was all I could remember before I passed out.

When I got up, I was on the bed feeling a lot better. My neck was as good as new and my feet didn’t hurt when I tried moving it. It was a nightmare. Thank God it was a nightmare. I couldn’t imagine going through all that. I tried to get up but my ankles hurt and when I looked at them, both my ankles had marks from the chains. I was wrong, it wasn’t a nightmare. It was my reality and I dreaded it.

My eyes got all teary. I didn’t know what I had done to deserve it. Maybe it was God punishing me for what I had done to Rayan. I got up from the bed and moved back to rest on the pillow. I looked to my left and saw medicines scattered on the floor and as my eyes shifted to the right, I got goosebumps when I saw the chains hanging from the closet door and the place that I was in, was stained with blood which had gotten darker.

It looked like a torture place. Just looking at that made my stomach curl and I felt nauseous. I tried breathing heavily to calm the nausea and it worked. I had to get out of there. It was getting too much and I didn’t deserve any of it. Nobody deserved it. I looked around and saw my phone on the table where I had left it. I grabbed it and as I was about to unlock, there was a knock on my door and I quickly hid it under my pillow.