Chapter 5 - The bachelorette party

Time just flew shopping and preparing for the wedding. I had managed to loose 10 kgs, though I didn’t achieve my target weight, I was still glad I made it half way. It definitely was a huge achievement for me but the only disadvantage was that my dresses were a little loose now. Which ironically wasn't a crisis.

It was my bachelorette party and I was nervous. I had never been the center of attention and the thought of it was making me nauseous. I preferred being a nobody, but my newly found love for my body was making me feel a little confident. I had dressed up or rather Marwa did, according to the theme, 'arabian nights'. I was all dressed up and looked at myself in the mirror and I was surprised. I never thought I could look pretty and there I was, not able to take my eyes off the mirror. Not to brag, but darn it I looked good. Loosing weight did make me look better.

I never thought that I was capable of looking that way, even though my family and Sarah said otherwise. It’s hard to consider myself pretty when I’m surrounded by gorgeous girls. The white and black kaftan looked elegant and helped me hide my tummy which I couldn't get rid of entirely. My winged eye liner gave it the perfect Arabian feel and the silver chain going across my forehead completed the look. Marwa did a spendid job. I couldn't really understand her excitement for a party that she wasn’t invited to.

“You look so pretty didi”, Marwa said when she saw me looking at myself in the mirror. “Can I please come? I swear I won’t tell anything to anyone. What happens at the party, stays in the party.”

“Noway! Sarah didn’t invite you, there has to be a genuine reason for it.” I looked at her and she looked sad, “ By the way, kids don’t attend such parties.”

“How old do you think I am?”, She frowned.

“I’ll show you pictures?”. I noticed she was cheering up a little.

“And ice cream too?”

“That doesn't sound like a kid at all."

"Oh come on."

"Alright!"

**********

The party was at Sarah’s place as her parents were out of town for the weekend. I stood outside the door wondering if I should knock or not. I felt pretty but I may look like a joker to others. I had terrible fashion sense and there wasn't a single soul on this planet who would oppose that. I was feeling nauseous and decided that it was just a bad idea and thought of leaving. Just when I turned around to leave, the door opened.

“Hello my love. You're not going anywhere", She turned me around to face her. " Please come on in, your highness.” Sarah welcomed me with a rather ridiculous bow.

Sarah was always the center of attention, she was gorgeous and all eyes would just turn to her without her doing any effort. All she had to do was just show up. But when I saw her, she looked very simple. Subtle make up and super simple clothes, it was definitely not her style. She did it for me so that the spotlight would be on me. Though I wouldn't want her to be that way, I felt blessed to have such a wonderful friend.

When I entered, the living room which was always bright looked very different, decorated with colorful curtains and lamps. Handmade lanterns hung around the room giving it the Arabian feel. There was a big carpet on the center of the room with square pillows. The table at the corner had our dinner and cup cakes with whipped toppings. All my friends from work and college were present, which were a handful. They were all dressed up as per the theme. I was overwhelmed to see my friends and all the effort that Sarah had put in for me.

I struggled to dance to the music, I felt too concious. Sarah got the hookah out and that excited me. It was something I always wanted to try and I couldn’t believe that I was finally going to.