the science of threads

now you're probably wondering how to make/find friends in this mess of discussions aka threads to fellow mdc members. sorry, we aren't therapists to help you with your internet anti-social problems.  You're going to have to make them yourself. BUT what we can tell you is where to find them; threads.

there are millions upon billions of threads in the mdc. most of them range from graphic shops, resource threads, "i need help" threads, "i need a graphic," threads, to and rare ones like raffle threads and "i'll give ya a fake request!!!" i would tell you the creators of these and why, but i'm not a genius or studying wattpad mdc history. every thread has a history behind it, but no one really needs to know unless posting a thread similar to one you've seen needs to be credited. 

some things that need credit are:

business cards by @minerals

any resource(s) you use that require credit depending on the owner

raffle threads by @heyitsmaggiex

drawn icons by @cathykiley (jk. just don't copy/steal my style)

fake request threads by @Lauren_James (ppl are getting away with it thou. nah. probs someone else)

there are probably many other things that need credit, but those are some to keep in mind. 

then there's the inside of the threads themselves. the most common of threads, graphic shops, usually have the following: welcome post, rules post, examples post, forms post, queue post. the posts are self-explanatory, but the wording inside the posts may/may not be. the following terms are a few some people need to know:

request whore/thread hopper: a person that requests on more than one thread/graphic shop for the same graphic. the annoying ones are the ones that use the same form for every graphic shop they request in that isn't the same as the required form. they are undesired because they are usually impatient, don't read the rules, and sometimes don't pick up/use the finished graphic. people try to find these people by putting a password in their rules.

password: a way to show that yes, you have read the rules. a password can be a certain word of group of words in the graphic form which may/may not have to be at a certain place, a certain picture, a certain gif, or whatever it may be that a graphic shop keeper asks. not all graphic shops have passwords, so it is smart to read the rules and reread it while filling out a form. you never know what they might restrict.

restrictions: genres and/or types of graphics that a graphic maker person does not/will not/ can not do. some common restrictions are no rated-r, same-sex, 1D, horror, historical, light, dark, werewolf, vampire, fantasy, teen-fic (teen-fiction), etc. people have restrictions because certain genres can be uncomfortable to them. for example, the average 13/14 year-old graphic designer does not want to look up porn nor do their parents do. and all y'all directioners are proabably fuming or confused about why 1D would be considered a restriction. as i've stated before, certain genres make people uncomfortable. i, for certain, have a problem with 1D cause looking at their faces makes me sick, and i'm not even kidding. i feel like puking whenever i see them *shivers.* anyways, that's what restrictions are and why we have them. 

blockquotes, center, double space: one of the rules may require you to blockquote or center your form. to blockquote your form means to highlight it, but don't actually get a highlighter and ruin your screen!! to highlight your post means to add <blockquote> in front of the highlighted words. centering a post is the same except it looks like this: <center> ; double spacing your forms means to space out the words by hitting enter to leave a space between "everything."

an example of a blockquoted, centered, and double-spaced post:

<blockquote><center>

title: the bad boy is mine bitch

subtitle*: he lives next door

author: superclicheik

summary: the bad boy is hawt. he live next dor 2 meh and has nice leather jacket and motorcycle. he's so mean to meh always calling me baby doll and b*tch. i think i love him.

ideas: francisco lachowski and barbara palvin on a happy background

anything else: idk but thank you your graphics are totes perf <333333

 rules: do i need to explain? we have rules for a reason, and it's to keep everyone in place. would you like someone to start a fight in your thread and it end up closed my a moderator, you not getting any help/practice with your graphics? or to never find a thread that makes graphics until 30 minutes of searching? Or porn gifs that when your parents come and see will think that you're on a porn website, delete your account, make you read the bible 5 million times, then ban you from the computer unless it's school work? no. just, no. 

bump: this is to bring up the thread to the first page of discussions because the majority is too lazy and very unlikely to go page 169 to find a graphic thread. you will find a lot of posts that have nothing to do with the discussion that may say "bump" or something along the lines of it just to bring the thread to the first page of discussions. if your thread is popular enough, you'll never have to bump. *cough* peter pan *cough* *cough* never bumped it once. *cough* self-centered much? *cough*

finally, there are many other terms and "weird" things in the mdc threads, but these are the important ones you need to know if you wanna be cool *puts on shades*. if there is anything not listed in this chapter that you find important or is confusing, please comment below, and lauren and i will try our best to explain, and if you disagree with some of the things we listed, please also comment; we may/may not bite your hand off and throw your off a cliff. (we might not actually) (speak for yourself)

thanks for reading, and we hope you keep these things in mind cause the mdc can be comparable to a labrynth. once you go in, you're gonna get lost and most likely never get out. 

-meatball + sandwich

we have never escaped this labrynth. but there's ice cream there, so we're good.