more mdc vocabulary

Additional words/vocabulary commonly used in the mdc.

dnp:
this is short for "do not post"

dne: this is short for "do not enter"

u/c: if it's the discussion title, then it means "under construction" this is usually paired with "dnp" or meant to not be posted in. if it is in a hiring thread, this means "under consideration" which basically means the discussion-opener-person thing is thinking about hiring you.

hiring: this basically means the person is looking for people to work with in order to open a multi-person thread. once in a while, you'll find a person open a hiring thread for a graphic forum which hires mods, award makers, etc.

graphic forum: this is usually an off-wattpad site for graphic-making that includes, tutorials, competitions, etc. similar to the mdc, they have discussions and whatnot, but it is mainly about graphics.

newbie: a person new to something; usually graphic-making when used in the mdc

restrictions: these are found in graphic-making threads to make requesters/customers aware of what genres, themes, etc. that the graphic designer/maker isn't comfortable with.

html: hypertext markup language. it's a type of coding or computer language used to add images, change text, and other cool things in a comment post. If you want we could do a chapter on this to teach very basic coding.

topaz: this is a company with programs used to quickly filter or perform certain actions to images. some common topaz filters are "topaz clean" (used to blend/blur/sharpen an image/graphic) and "topaz remask" (used to cut out models and objects in pictures)

gimp/pixlr/photoshop/picmonkey: these are common graphic programs graphic designers and makers use in the mdc

ps: this is short for photoshop, an adobe program

ai: this is short for adobe illustrator.

psp: this is short for paint shop pro, a drawing program.

trailer: just like a movie trailer except for your story

subtitle: extra text or subtext to your title in a graphic

premade: an unused graphic that is available to be used if requested from the designer.

png: the type of file a image is saved as or an object (or person) with a transparent background that we use and put on backgrounds.

bump: this is the term used to make your thread go to the front on page one. 'bump' is refering you bumping up your discussion/thread.

nvm: a short for the word nevermind.

ketchup: it sounds like catch up, usually used in the term 'closed to ketchup'. This means they needs to catch up/finish doing most of the request they already have on their thread.

cfc: Closed to catch up. They need time to finish what they already have so they put this there instead.

Queue: the line of people waiting for their graphic/whatever the thread is about.