Graphic Thread Rules

Graphic thread rules are basically rules you may find offering graphics. These are pretty self explanatory, but we're making this simply so you can understand.

These rules are created to lift confusion and a large mess. Most places have them although on wattpad we're picky, so we must always list rules. Below are some common/confusing ones you can see when trying to request something.

Give me credit-  When you receive your graphic and use it, give them credit. If it's a cover, then put it either in the beginning summary or first chapter/acknowledgments add "Credits to @/theirusername for the cover". If it's an icon, add something like these into your bio "Credits to @/theirusername for my icon" "thanks to @/theirusername for my icon." Likewise with the header. For banners/blends/side graphics just use what I've already stated to say, but in the chapter used in.

Give me good ideas- This is about forms. When you fill out a form they normally have an ideas section. They are adding that rule for you because they want to make sure the cover fits your story as best as possible. When they say this rule, the designer wants more than 'idk whatever you can get from the summary'. They want something like : "Hey I would like 2 people, Taylor Swift and Shoe. Any one with similar traits (in terms of color) will due. Now in the background I'd like it to be red and white split down in the middle, possibly in neon like or bright tints. It's Christmas themed so i would like something like a stocking, candy cane, Christmas tree, etc. in the center. I would prefer shoe and taylor to be like leaning on the sides of the cover, but i just want them on the opposite colors (one on red, one on white). The rest can be up to what you'd like. I'm fine with most things." or at the minimum "Hey! So i want the 2 celebrities (nail and plate) to be on it. They should be on a Christmas tree's branches. I want the title to be in dead center or close to that. Just let your ideas go!" but definitely not "i want 2 ppl on it. i don't really have much ideas so just go with what you want! The characters are Fransisco Lachowski and Caitlyn Russo" and honestly don't even try "Just do what you want" because you'll be denied. The designers aren't doing this for themselves (okay maybe slightly as we can either make a good cover for you or just play around and make something ugly to give/have a few laughs). also, if you're accepted the designer might be desperate or tagged the wrong person. because if you give me that last one no. get out. like. unless you're willing to give me real money no matter the out come and pay me for it then you're gone. dead.

The story must be posted- Your story needs to be on wattpad. Unless you're giving out the day after you request (and they'll probably deny you or say you're on hold til that day) you'll definitely be denied. This is so we actually have a story that we know it'll be used for and it's not just you giving us a random request. Designers would like to showcase their amazing creations and get more work for them. This can also get the requester (you) a new dedicated reader and the designer more info on your story.

Tell me/us if you'll be using it- So they can decide whether or not they can use it for other reasons (premade graphic, burn it, delete the file, etc.)

Do not thread hop/request whore/request elsewhere- This is where we don't want you to request at their shop because you've already requested elsewhere in that same time and you haven't received yours on that thread yet. If it's been a week and you've reminded them with 0 response then you should probably just cancel it and go elsewhere. This protects you if you were to request somewhere else, trying to get yourself a cover in time to post it, that you don't just cancel your cover when we're already mid-way through it. I understand promising a date, but be selective on your timing. If you want a good cover just request a quick cover making service and post your story. Then after a few days, request a new cover. If the first cover made is complete shit, consider waiting on a decent cover. We have feelings over our cover making, and it annoys some people and can be seen as disrespectful.

Use my form- We need different information than others. Your form is useless to us unless it's exactly like ours. And if you do use your own form it must be a pretty good and comprehensive document with images and bases and everything, and I should barely need to do work. It is also a way to tell if the requester is even reading the rules because if they haven't seen the "use my form and my form only" rule, then it's pretty clear they haven't read the rules.

Be patient and nice- common courtesy. We're humans, we have lives, and we aren't your slaves. If you want the cover the next day, then look at the time it takes for them to make a cover on average which could be a week or two. We don't need rude people around us and are totally find denying your request if you're pushy or don't follow our rules. Also, just like you and getting out of bed, there are certain times we'd like to do a task and are prepared to do it. Sure we can force ourselves to make a graphic, but it'll probably look horrible. As graphic designers, most of us are pretty visual people (like to visualize things) and like having a basis on what we're going to make. Because of this, your cover can take as little as fifteen minutes to as long as an entire month because we can't find the exact things we want. A few days (4-7) is long enough to ask if it'll be ready if there has been no message towards you about the cover. When you ask, come off respectful/nice and that could be the push for them to make it. Coming off as rude can either give you a cover that looks like a horrible demonic image or your request suddenly being denied.

The password is ____- This is to show you've actually read the rules. Sometimes it relates to the theme of the thread but truly has no importance. If you don't have this you'll most likely be denied for this reason (if it's the only rule your break of course). it might be to post a funny gif or it could be to post a picture of yourself so that person can kill you- whatever they decide.

I can deny for any reason- Just because you think that her reason is pure shit, you don't need to whine about it. This is to protect the requester from being dramatic and harass this user. It can be from they don't like you to you come off rude and don't want your business. This reserves them the right because it has to be spelled out to you. Common ones are they have no inspiration from your ideas, they hate you, your request is just terrible, or you broke a rule.

Never undo payment- We have a payment because we want something for our work. You're not going to pay someone from cleaning your house then stealing money from them just because their job was done years ago. The only reasonable thing is they don't make your graphic. We can't all keep track, but if we catch you we'll raise hell. If you don't like following people on your account like me (Lauren) create a back up account that you follow people on. Most of us really just care about the numbers anyway (Unless you're in the thousands because each follower isn't shown like it is in the hundreds).

Pick up and tell us within x days/minutes/years- We want to know when to check if our graphic for you has been used. Usually, if you don't do this, it will become a premade. In large or popular threads, this can be an annoying and stupid thing, but it shouldn't be if the designer tags you like they should.

Complete payment before/after delivered- This is to ensure that they will be paid. Some will tell you to do it after accepted and some after delivered because they believe they're a flight risk and might not do yours. we tell you when to do the payment sometimes because the moment people request they do the payment and we deny them and they complain. Then they start drama and and we must defend that person. If it's a solo thread it'll be that persons friends which will come off as mostly bias and murder you. Nice people will come to defend the designer as well and congrats, you just got a bad reputation!!!11212!

These are some (12) common rules I've seen and tried to explain. I came up the idea on my own, but after reviewing our pm's pinkgrandes had a similar idea, but it was to rant instead of explain *shrugs*. Thank you to her for the ideas tho.