Payments

"im not requesting here because they probably want real money and im so broke that i broke into someones house just to use this computer"

First of all, WATTPAD COVERS ARE USUALLY FREE SO SHUSH.

But that doesn't mean that there aren't no payments. In the mdc, payments are things like, dedications, comments, follows, credit, etc. although there are ones that are free. free doesn't mean better though cause a lot of free stuff is bleh. but that doesn't mean outrageous payments make outrageously amazing graphics bc no. you cannot be fooled.

say you are trying to get something simple like to crop a nice image and add text. A payment like 5+ line comment on their story with a dedication isn't reasonable. A simple comment, or a plain dedication is reasonable. If they're making you 2 banners and a cover, that payment is reasonable.

Give people proper payments. If you want a cover, try to at least give them something in return. If you can't, that's okay but try to appreciate their work. even if their cover is the ugliest, worst piece of shit after you just had chipotle you've ever seen, compliment them. And not one word. you should say "that's really pretty, although it isn't really what i want for my cover. i just think that you need to improve on _________". But be appreciative if someone does even compliment you. I've seen someone get into a fight because sombody called another person's graphic "pretty". Because apparently, no one knows that some people don't have the time to give them a long ass critique about their graphic.

meatball. write. hurry. child.

fine.

well basically, you have to give reasonable payments in order for people to actually want to request from your thread. if you are making your customers give up their firstborn child and soul for a graphic of yours, you might as well go die in a hole of your greed bc no one has time for your type of payment. besides, you are getting experience from their requests, AND they are requesting from you bc they don't have the time to make their own cover.

plus, as lauren mentioned, always appreciate when someone has made you a graphic. give them at least a sentence or two about what you like about it, but don't tell them their graphic is ugly and leave it in the dust bc the person did put their time and at least some effort into making your cover. for all you know, they had a million requests but decided to make you a cover anyway.

another thing you should know about payments is every graphic thread you open in the MDC needs to specify a payment. This means you can't open a cover, banner, etc. thread and just give a form. you need to say whether or not they are free, specify it, or say that the payment will be given after the request is accepted. If you don't, you can get in trouble like me, Lauren, and cockyy did a few months ago in our first thread together.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.