Twelve

Trigger Warning : Slapped

Wentworth Tozier walked into his house, and you could immediately tell he was drunk. "Richie? Is that you," he asked, his words being slurred. Richie turned to his dad, his breathing picking up. "Um, yea. It is me," Richie said, his voice full of fear. His dad took big steps forward, slamming the door behind him. He walked up to Richie, getting all up at Richie. He slapped Richie, and not softly. It left a huge red handprint in Richie's left cheek. "I needed you for something. We don't have any money left for drugs after the bills and rent, so I'm gonna use you instead." Richie was now in a total fear state. He was locked in it, and he felt like so broken and underneath the rest of the world. "Now, a man names John is coming over in five days. You better be ready by then," his dad warned. Richie nodded, and his dad walked away. His mother did, too, and Richie ran up the stairs and back into his room. He jumped out the window, causing a little bit of pain, but it was deal able. He was about to go to Bill's, but remembered that they were still in Florida. He decided to go to the Quarry, and needing to let go.

So, scratch out driving to Maine. They bought tickets and were now in the Derry Airport. Mike's cousin drove the car away, and would be picking the 7 up. "We need to find Richie," Eddie said. They all nodded, and left the airport.

They rented out a hotel for 3 days, and 2 nights. They unpacked and got situated, meaning they discussed sleeping. Stan and Bill were sleeping in one bed, Ben and Beverly in the other. Mike was sleeping on the couch, and Eddie was sleeping on the other couch. Once situated, they left the hotel room. "Ok. Let's go."

Richie sat at the Quarry, looking at the beautiful water. He smiled, thinking about the fun times he had with his friends. When Bev had showed them all up, when they found Ben and Bev kissing and confirmed their relationship, and where they held Richie's birthday every year. He smiled, thinking about the good times. The carefree times. The ok times.

The losers set out, firstly going to Richie's house. They were about to knock on the door, but Bill noticed that the window was opened. "Damn it, Richie, why are you making this so hard on us," Beverly said. Ben pressed a hand to her shoulder, trying to calm her down. "Where would be be?" Everyone thought about it, trying to figure it out. "The Barrens."

They headed over to the Barrens, Beverly and Ben leading the way, Mike and Eddie behind them, Bill and Stan in the back. "I'm gonna kill Richie when we find him," Stan said. In honesty, he was worried to death about Richie. No matter how many times Richie is really fucking annoying, Stan can't help but care so much about his best friend. "I th-th-think we all know that y-y-you're gonna hug h-h-him," Bill replied. Stan smiled softly. "Yea, you're probably right."

Richie sighed, needing to figure out what to do. The Quarry wasn't calming him down, only making him sad. But where else should he go to? The Barrens! Richie loved the Barrens, it was a fun spot to hang out at. It was weird, how Richie's been going to the Barrens since he was 11. He smiled, got up, and headed to the Barrens.

He walked to the Barrens, and got there quickly. He walked around, looking at the wild nature around him. He smiled, thinking about how they found Ben all bloody and cut up in the Barrens. And how they met Bev less than an hour later. And how they met Mike less than a week later. He heard rustling in the bushes, and it sounded like a lot of people or an animal. A small body lunged at Richie, while, he was guessing, the others were running towards him.

"Eddie?!"