Nine

⚠️Homophobic slurs, violence, homophobia⚠️

June 15th, 5:03 PM.

The losers were getting ready to go to Downtown Disney, also known as Disney Springs. They all had Disney themed outfits on. Bev and Ben had a matching Mickey and Minnie Mouse hoodie and ears on, Ben with black jeans and Bev with light denim ones. Bill was wearing a dark blue Mickey Mouse shirt and black ripped jeans, and Stan was wearing a light blue Mickey Mouse shirt with dark denim jeans. Mike was wearing a grey Disney World hoodie on with ripped black jeans. Eddie was wearing a white Mickey Mouse shirt with light denim jeans and Richie was wearing a black Mickey Mouse Clubhouse shirt with ripped light denim jeans. He was also carrying a Nike drawstring.

They got into Mike's truck, and they drove off. They sung Disney songs the whole way there, ranging from Bippity Boppity Bo! to Hellfire. When they got there, they parked and walked in.

The first place they went was the huge Disney store. It was humongous. It had sections, which were filled with different movies and their merchandise. They all split, Bev and Ben going straight, Mike going left, Bill and Stan going right, and Richie and Eddie just went the other direction.

Richie and Eddie ended up in the Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and The Beast section. They looked around, seeing all the cute things. They held hands, not caring what the world thought. It's 2018, people. Wake up.

"Rich, look at this!" Richie looked over to see Eddie holding a Belle plush. "Damn. She's pretty cute. Not as cute as you, though." Richie kissed Eddie's cheek, and Eddie blushed. "Fucking fags," someone muttered, but Richie heard. He let go of Eddie's hand and walked up to the dude. "What did you say," Richie said, not yelling. "Fucking fags. We don't want your gayitis or whatever the fuck you homos spread," he said, making his chest touch Richie's. "We're not gonna turn you gay. That's not how it works. Oh, and by the way, those diseases are STD's, which heterosexual people can have as well," Richie said. The dude most of had enough, because he punched Richie in his eye, making him fall back. A small bruise began to form around his eye. Richie got up, not fighting back. He was too weak, yes, but he didn't want to be blamed for the fight, either. The dude threw a couple more good punches before Stan and Bill found Richie and Eddie. Stan charged at the dude, making him fall backwards. A security guard took the guy away, but completely left Richie, Eddie, Bill, and Stan. Bill and Eddie looked at Richie's face, which was bloodied up and bruised. "We should probably go home, Rich. Before something like this happens again," Eddie said sadly. Richie nodded, and Bill texted everyone else telling them to meet up at the entrance of the store.

Once everyone was there, Eddie explained what had happened. "Rich, I'm so sorry this happened to you," Bev said, feeling guilty. Eddie laced his fingers with Richie's, not wanting to let go. "Bev, I'm fine. It was just a couple punches," Richie reassures. Beverly walked up, and rubbing her thumb against the black eye. He winced at first, but relaxed. "It was my fault, anyway. I should of just ignored him and let go of Eddie's hand," Richie said, looking at the ground. "What? Why would you do that?" Eddie pulled off of Richie's hand and looked at him with an aggravated look, questioning him. "Because if we did that, the this would of never happened. And I wouldn't of gotten punched. And you all wouldn't of been so worried like you are now," Richie explained, twiddling his thumbs and not looking Eddie, or anyone, in the eye once. "Rich, why give them the satisfaction of giving them what they want," Stan spoke up, needing to know this. "Because if you don't, then there are consequences." "Rich, everything is going to get a reaction. Some good, some bad. And when it's bad, then oh well. You did the right thing when you went up to that guy." Richie rolled his eyes and began to walk away. "Where are you going," Eddie called out. "To the car. I'll sit and wait till' y'all are done," Richie replied. "I'm getting kind of bored of this place anyway," Bev spoke up. She walked towards Richie, the others following after her.

Richie didn't walk to the car, though. He walked to the parking lot, and then walked to a Circle K. He grabbed a couple things ; a bag of nacho cheese Doritos, a cookies n' cream chocolate bar, and a lemonade. He walked back out, finding a nice bench and sitting at it. He took a drink of his lemonade, then placed the 3 things in his drawstring. He leaned back, lighting a cigarette he had and smoking it. "Richie, please tell me that you're not smoking!" Richie looked up and saw a familiar red head walking towards him. He sighed, taking another puff of the cigarette. "Richie, what the hell?!" Beverly walked closer to the raven haired boy, standing in front of him with her hands on her hips. "I'm sorry, Bev," Richie said apologetically, taking the cigarette and squashing it with his foot. "I'm trying. I really am." She sighed sadly, and took a seat next to the boy. "Everyone's worries about you," Bev finally spoke up. "You left without telling us where you were going. Kinda scared us all." Richie murmured fuck underneath his breath, and looked down. He had his fingers running through his hair, his foot bouncing up and down. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I'm a fuckup, and that I'm a piece of shit, and a faggot, and an ugly piece of ass, and a disappointment. I'm just, so fucking sorry, Bev." Since Richie wasn't looking up, he didn't notice that Eddie was standing in front of the two. "Oh Rich," Eddie said, embracing the taller boy in a hug. Richie was shocked, not knowing who was hugging him. When he looked up and saw the familiar curly haired boy, he smiled and hugged back. Eddie felt some tears on his shoulder, and realized that Richie was now crying. He rubbed circles on Richie's back, trying to calm him down. "I called the others. They're on their way to come pick us up," Bev said, and Eddie nodded. Eddie sat down next to Richie. Richie continued to cry in the crook of Eddie's neck.

The truck pulled up, and the 3 of them got in. Bev sat next to Ben, who was in the row behind Stan and Bill, who were behind Mike, who was driving. Richie and Eddie sat in the last row, Eddie helping Richie calm down. "Rich, don't beat yourself up. You don't give yourself any credit for the amazing things you are and the things that you do," Eddie whispered into Richie's ear. Richie lifted his head up, looking at Eddie. Eddie's heart broke, finally seeing Richie. Richie's eyes were puffy and red, his milky brown eyes now bloodshot red. Eddie removed Richie's glasses, since they were distracting both Richie and Eddie. His once beautiful curls were now out of place, falling loosely on his forehead. He had tear tracks covering his face, and tears were still coming. He was hiccuping and coughing every once in a while, but veg quietly. Only to where Richie and Eddie could hear it. "There's nothing that I should be proud of, Eddie," Richie said, letting the tears come out. "I'm what I said. I'm a disappointment, a fuckup, a piece of shit, ugly, stupid, and way out of your league." Richie sobbed, letting the tears fall. "Rich, you're not a disappointment. I'm so proud of you," Eddie said. "You've been through so much, and you're so strong. And you're not a fuckup. Everyone makes mistakes. But you've never done anything wrong. The things that your dad said were just out of alcohol, but that doesn't make it ok. And you're ugly? Rich, I don't even see ugly. I absolutely adore your freckles, I could stare at your eyes all day, and you're everything I could ever ask for. You're a piece of eye meat, that's for sure. And I deserve you just as much as you deserve me." Richie smiled, and cried even more. He placed his head back in the crook of Eddie's neck, and cried the whole way home.

When they arrived home, Eddie helped Richie walk up to their room. The losers had said goodnight, and left the two be.

Eddie helped Richie change out of his clothes. Eddie put a black shirt and red joggers on Richie. Eddie put an old nirvana shirt and yellow shorts on himself.

The two laid there, Richie crying to Eddie. Eddie cuddled and held him, whispering the sweetest things into his ears. "I'm sorry that I'm like this, Eddie." "Don't apologize." And Eddie was being truthful. He didn't want or need Richie to apologize.

He loved Richie, flaws and all.

A/N ;
Sorry if this is bad! It's kinda rushed! Also, I went to Halloween Horror Nights yesterday and went through the Stranger Things house, and it was so cool! Fun fact, when waiting in lines for the houses, I wrote some of this chapter! Love you guys! - M.B.🦋