Three

The rest of the losers came back around an hour later. Beverly opened the doors, and immediately heard crying. "Richie," she called. "Eddie?" Eddie waved his hand around and said, "Over here." She turned her head to see with a blanket wrapped around him, his knees up to his chest crying. "Eddie..." she said with a sad voice. She kneeled by Eddie. "What happened," she said. Eddie finally turned and got a good glimpse of Beverly. She was wearing one of Ben's old jackets that he gave her, and it went to her mid thigh. Her hair was a little past her shoulders, and was down. Her blue eyes matched the ocean she was just at. "Richie. Richie and I, we just..." Eddie trailed off, not wanting to finish the statement. "You guys argued?" Eddie nodded, and placed his head on his knees. "Oh, I'm gonna kill that motherfucker!" By this time, the rest of them were inside. Beverly marched up the stairs with Stan and Bill behind her. Bill slammed open Richie and Eddie's door, and saw that Richie was sleeping in a ball. Beverly rolled her eyes and smacked Richie's head. He immediately shot up, thinking it was his father. He sighed a breath of relief when he saw that it was only Bev, Bill, and Stan. His eyes were bloodshot red, puffy, and his nose was a little runny. He had bed head, which Eddie adored. "Can I help you guys," Richie said in a groggy voice. "You're coming with us," Stan said as he grabbed Richie's wrist and pulled him up. Stan dragged him down the stairs and into the living room, where Mike and Ben were comforting Eddie. "Oh you have got to be kidding me," Richie muttered. "

"Richie, apologize." Richie shot Beverly a confused look of shock and stupidity. "You want me to apologize?" Beverly nodded. "After what he said to me!" Beverly shot Eddie a look that said, 'what'd you say?' "Rich, I didn't mean what I said. It just came out," Eddie said very quietly. "That's not a fucking excuse. You're supposed to help me forget about what happened, not remind me of it!" Now all eyes were on Eddie. "What'd you s-s-say," asked Bill. Eddie shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "He said that I don't know what love is, this I can't love. He also said that there's something wrong with me," Richie said as Eddie clearly could not. "Eddie," Beverly yelled as she slapped his cheek medium hard. "Dude, what the hell," said Stan. Ben shook his head. "It just slipped out! I take everything back! Rich, I swear, I take it back!" Richie and Eddie were locked in a stare again, not wanting to be unlocked. "I know, Eddie. It's just..." Richie's train of thought caught him off guard, as he remembered what had happened 2 weeks prior. The woman who was having his baby ended up having a miscarriage. Even though Richie didn't want a baby, he felt worthless. Not to mention that he was jumped by some dudes his dad hired 2 days later when he went out to get a drink from the store. "It's nothing. Forget about it." Eddie frowned, along with the rest of the losers. "Rich, you can tell us," said Eddie in a calm and gentle voice. "I know, I know. It's just, you wouldn't understand. And it's a long story with a confusing back story," Richie said tiredly. "Do you forgive me," Eddie asked in a whisper tone. "It's gonna be hard, yea. But I can't stay away from you." Eddie smiled and hugged Richie, who gladly hugged back.

Later that night, everyone went off to bed. Richie, for the first time, was the little spoon. It wasn't that Richie no longer wanted to be the big spoon. He loves being the big spoon. It's just, Richie is getting more tired and more weak as the days go on, and Richie's body needs the tender loving that Richie usually gives Eddie. Eddie's arms securely wrap around Richie's waist, and he places small kisses to the side and back of Richie's neck. Richie's left hand was on his right shoulder, and his right hand was on his left shoulder. His head was down, and small droplets of tears sneaked onto his cheeks. He didn't stop crying, in case your wondering. He let the drizzle of sadness overcast Richie's arms, cheeks, shirt, and pillow. Eddie went to go kiss Richie's cheek, and felt the dampness. He spun Richie so that the boy was facing him. He saw the glistening tears sparkling like glitter on his cheeks. He wiped them away with his thumbs. Richie just began to sob harder, and placed his head in Eddie's shoulder. Eddie placed kisses on Richie's hair, rubbing circles his back. "Rich, you're ok," Eddie said lovingly. "No, I'm not," Richie said between broken sobs. "What's wrong? You can tell me." Richie sniffled and looked up at Eddie's milky brown eyes. "I just, I'm a fuckup. And don't even tell me that I'm not and that I mean something. Cause I don't. Because people do things or things happen for reasons. If I was good enough, would my dad of ever started drinking? Or my mom? Would they hit me? Would my dad use me for his amusement? Would the woman that carried my baby had a miscarriage? Would my dad still want me to hurt? Those thoughts run through my head all the time. And it sucks, because I can't even please anyone. Not even you guys." Richie let out a broken and choked sob as he dug his head into the crook of Eddie's neck. Eddie was now crying, too. He hated seeing Richie like this. He hated how lowly Richie thought of himself. "Rich, you please me. You please all of us. You're parents are just stupid. And as for the baby, that's not your fault. You're not carrying the baby. Maybe it was a health issue that you or the woman carrying the baby couldn't of stopped. But don't think it's your fault. It never was and never will be." Richie and Eddie continued to cry to each other, not wanting tears but sleep.

Richie just wants to fall asleep. Not apart.

A/N ;
This is long overdue. Holy cow. It was rushed, and it may suck, but I hope you like it. Thanks for reading this! - M.B.🦋