His Desire Chapter 25

Libby lay unconscious on the ground.
Sounds and faces drifted in and out of the black emptyness in her mind as she became more and more conscious.
Breathing heavily she could smell dirt, the dry stench of leaves and gritty musty soil. Panicked she tossed and turned in her unfamiliar surroundings. Maybe this was just a bad dream.
She couldn't part her hands, something was holding them together. She pulled and huffed. Maybe once she opened her eyes she would know this was a dream. She would awake safe and warm in Ryan's bed, in the fluffy dressing down, in his arms.
Her eyes sprang open, blinded by the glaring evening sun she squinted. How long had she been unconscious?

She was lying on the bare ground. Glancing around she saw tall pine trees lining her horizon, she was laying alone in the clearing of a forest.
The panic set in. This was not a dream and Ryan was no where to be seen. Greg had taken her but where? What had that fool done to her?
"Ryan!" She called out, but her efforts were futile.
"Greg!!" She tried again, someone had to hear her.
Frantic and wide eyed she lay immobilised on the dirt floor. The shirt she had borrowed from Ryan's wardrobe was now ripped and smeared with blood. She stretched around and peered down at her legs which were also held together by cable ties. They were scratched and bruised, her toes scuffed and also bleeding.
"ANYONE!" She let out another cry, had she just been left here to die?
Silence.
Nothing.
Then from behind her Libby heard the familiar sound of footsteps crunching the pine needles.
She hunched her shoulders in anticipation.
"Happy birthday Liberty" sneered a male voice that shook Libby's bones to the core, "Aren't you pleased you get to see your father for your 18th birthday?"
Libby lay frozen on the ground, she daren't turn around.
She recognised his voice.
Slowly Aidan walked around her body to face her.
He must have been in his forties now, older and more dangerous than ever.
She had only met her father in the flesh once, a few weeks ago when he had tried to take her from the camp, when he had threatened to kill her.
Libby began to struggle on the ground even more. She knew what he was capable off, she knew his reputation and how he had abused her mother when they were younger. He was the reason they had lived on the coast, away from society and away from him.
"It's funny..." He began, as he stared down at her, arms casually folded, "when two people meet with the same desire for revenge, their combined power is limitless. It looks like I'll finally be able to hand your mother your dead body and watch her cry, while Hunter will be able to get rid of Ryan and claim what is his"
"What are you talking about" hissed Libby from below.
He laughed. "My dear, don't you see, you are the bait. That fool of a boy Greg brought you too his brother because he thought he was helping you, little did he know he was handing your life to us. 18 years I've been looking for you, waiting to get my revenge on your mother, Kyle, Finn and Cali. It wasn't until I met Hunter here that I knew it was possible to get to you...."
Suddenly Hunter emerged from behind Aiden and stood beside him, flicking a gun in his hand.
"Looks like peaches is in a sticky situation" he chuckled as he mused down at her body on the floor.
Libby spat at him but was repaid with a brutal kick to the side.
The two men smirked at each other, even though Hunter was around half Aidan's age he was just as tall and well built.
"Still need to learn some respect" said Hunter as he looked behind him.
Libby followed his gaze out beyond the trees. Only Hunters large black Hummer was parked on the edge of the clearing. Darcy stood leant against the bonnet, smirking at Libby, apart from her they were alone.
Holding his gun up Hunter squinted down its barrel. "Ready for when your Ryan comes to rescue you..." He murmured as he played with the trigger.
Libby gasped.
"He doesn't know where I am, you're plan won't work" Spluttered Libby trying to reassure herself that Ryan would not become an easy target. As much as she wished he was there to protect her, at the same time she didn't want him in danger- she loved him too much. At least he would be safe not knowing where she was, not knowing what danger she was in.
"Oh Libby..." Sighed Aidan, "everyone's coming to watch your finale. One quick phone call and your dear Ryan was desperate to meet us, seems he'll do anything for you. Your family too for that matter, Greg assures me they too will be joining us soon. Then we can finish the both of you"
Libby sobbed. "Don't do this to them, take me, kill me, but not him!!"
"Now where would be the fun in that?" Replied Hunter nonchalantly.
Libby opened her mouth to protest but he cocked the gun down towards her head. She shut her mouth. There was nothing she could do.
"I know Ryan will come, being the valiant hero he thinks he is I know he will come. Then poof, one simple bullet and his beautiful sister Darcy inherits the show, meaning I will be in control of all of the girls..."
As Hunter said this he looked back over his shoulder and winked at Darcy, she pouted back.
"The girls are gone" Libby snapped.
Hunter turned back to her.
"Pfft, desperate lies" he said as he rolled his eyes.
"I'm not lying..." Said Libby tentatively, "all the girls have gone, I set them free"
"In your dreams bitch" he shouted as he kicked dirt into Libby's face. She coughed and spluttered then fell silent. She was growing weaker.
The sun was setting and it was getting darker.
A pair of headlights shone their way across the clearing casting great shadows behind Aidan and Hunter. Hunter turned to face the car as Aidan shrank back into the shadows leaving Libby lying hidden behind him.
Out of the car climbed Greg and at a distance he was followed by Finn, Cali, Kyle, Gwen and Aaron. They looked confused and weary.