His Desire Chapter 20

Libby sat still, staring out of the window. Her warm heaving breath began to create a cloud of condensation which blurred the glass in front of her eyes. It didn't matter. She couldn't see anyway. Her eyes were red, the tears clouded her vision.
She clenched her fists. What had Greg said? Why did he turn them away!!
She was angry, more than angry. She was positively devastated.
Later that night Ryan returned back to the camp. Amelie would stay in hospital another night.
He unlocked his trailer door and causally strolled in. Libby still sat next to the window with her head hung. She hadn't moved all day.
"What's up chuck?" He spoke, unaware of what had happened.
Libby didn't reply, or move.
"Libby...?" He questioned dropping his keys on the counter and walking over to her. Still she didn't look up.
"Hey look... If you're still angry about earlier there was no point in you coming to the hospital anyway, Amelie was asleep the whole time I was there..." He sat down next to her and slid his hand up her thigh.
Libby flinched away violently.
"Libby what the heck is your problem, speak to me please, you're killing me?!"
Still Libby didn't speak or look at him. By this time she was sat on her hands, if she hadn't been he would have surly been slapped by now.
She didn't hate Ryan, he didn't know, but she wasn't going to pretend to be happy.
"Hey.... peaches, hun..." He spoke softly.
"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT" snapped Libby remembering how Hunter used to torment her with that name.
"Woah what's happened? Has some one said something to you, is it Hunter? Did he come back? Your father, Aidan?"
Libby didn't reply.
"...Greg?" Questioned Ryan.
Libby looked up at him.
"Greg! What has he done?!" Ryan sounded angrier now.
"That's the thing..." Spoke Libby quietly.
"He didn't do anything..." She broke off as her voice began to crack, she momentarily sobbed.
"What didn't he do?" Replied Ryan softly cupping her soft, cold hands in his.
Ok this was it. She was going to tell him everything.
"You remember how I always used to run away?" She spoked ever so softly, afraid of Ryan's response.
"Yes..." He grunted, wary of where this was going.
"Well... I ran because I have a family, a family who is looking for me... A family I want to go back to..." As she said these last words she winced and looked away from him, afraid he would hit her.
"And Greg?" He pushed quietly, understanding her fear.
"... They were here today... Looking for me... And he turned them away..." That was it Libby couldn't hold herself together anymore. She let out a cry and Ryan suddenly pulled her into his shoulder and held her.
"Why did you never tell me this?" He murmured into her sweet smelling hair.
She sat up wiping her eyes angrily.
"Because you never listened..." She cried "you scared me"
"I thought you were lying, none of the others speak of families?"
"Because they give up... They don't speak of them because they believe they will never see them again. I never forgot my family, and I was right. They're still looking for me after all these months. Goodness, I'm 18 next week..." She began to cry again, remembering that she would not be with her mother on her birthday.
Ryan, for once, was speechless. He sat opposite her with his eyes shut, thinking.
After a long pause he looked up, stating Libby directly in her eyes.
"I'll do it" he murmured. "I'll find them for you"

Hello my lovelies, sorry for the shortish chapter, I didn't want to leave you all hanging any longer so I wrote this up in the hope of updating again in the next few days. I hope you enjoy it.