Chapter Seven

Kylie's party was surprisingly enjoyable. I'm not just saying that because I got to spend time with Andy, I actually didn't spend as much time with him as I'd thought. I took the time to get to know the rest of the band as well. Well, except for Ashley, he was pretty busy keeping the birthday girl occupied. But C.C, Jake, and Jinxx are really cool. C.C's actually a pretty big goofball no matter how serious he may seem sometimes, Jinxx is a lot like me, meaning his life basically revolves around music, and Jake, well Jake's just... hungry. He brings up food every, two minutes; five if I'm lucky. His favorite is pizza. Good choice.

     At about 6:00 p.m. is when the party started to go downhill. Somebody who I never thought; and hoped to never see at my house again showed up.

     Vic Fuentes.

     Or as you know him, the lead singer from that one band Pierce the Veil, great band by the way, I'm just not a really big fan of Vic. He's the douche bag that broke my best friend’s heart. And he's like ten years older than her. She still cries for him though, and it sucks.

     Seeing him triggered so many memories in my mind. Memories of when Kylie was telling me about their first date, and when she told me she thought she was pregnant. Good memories. Then there were the bad memories; Seeing her half lifeless body lying in a puddle of blood, her blood, razor in her hand, the words coming out of her mouth. I remember it like it was yesterday.

*FLASH BACK*

     Working the double shift is never fun.  Especially when I work at a small, all hours diner in the middle of Los Angeles, and my boss in a funky looking little Asian man. I don't usually work double, but Kylie was sick and she decided that she should stay home, so being the great friend that I am, I took her shift for her.

     Although, I didn't exactly feel right leaving Kylie alone by herself. Not after what had just happened. Just two days ago, Kylie's boyfriend, Vic, had broken up with her. He was her whole world and as happy as she may seem, I knew that she was just putting on a facade for my sake.

     I looked at my phone to check the time. It was 9:30 pm and I could finally go home. I clocked out, taking my time with my time card to see if I could get any extra money on my check, and told my co-workers I would see them soon. 'Here I come nice comfy bed.' I thought as I exited though the glass double doors.

     I walked to my car, which was parked a little ways down the street when I saw somebody leaning against my hood. It was him.

     "What do you want Fuentes?" I asked in a monotone voice, yet the poison clearly dripped off of my words.

     He looked up at me; tears streaked his face, and held out his phone to me. There was a text from Kylie.

     'I'm leaving Vic, forever. I'm leaving you, Jenna, the world. Sorry I wasn't good enough for you. Goodbye.'

     My heart stopped. My world stopped. No. Not Kylie. Not my best friend. Not now. Not ever. This couldn't be happening. No. No. No. No. No.

     I pushed him out of the way, "This is your entire fault! She could be dead right now!" I screeched at him. I could feel the anger boiling inside of me, accompanied by sadness, and hopefulness.

      I jumped in my car and motioned to him, "Are you gonna get in or not?" I asked pointing to the passenger seat.

     Without a word he dashed to the passenger side and hopped in. I didn't give him time to buckle up before I was speeding down the road.

     Home, Kylie. That’s all I had on my mind. Making sure that she was alive was my main priority.

     "I hate you." I spat at Vic. "I hate you. I hate you. I fucking hate you."

     "I know. I hate me too. I'm selfish and I might lose the one girl I've really loved." His sadness was still clear in his voice.

     "Glad to hear we're on the same page dumbnut," I said to him, venom still dripping from my words like I was a poisonous snake.

     I could see my house. It was so close, yet so far away. It would take only seconds to get there, but these last few seconds felt like hours. Not knowing if my best friend was alive or not just made it seem even longer.

     I pulled into the driveway of my bright red house and noticed that all of the lights in the house were turned off. Without even turning off my car, I jumped out and ran as fast as I could to the front door. I fumbled for my keys and once I finally got the right one, I quickly unlocked the door and ran inside.

     At first, the house was quiet, eerily quiet and then I heard crying; Kylie’s crying but it was muffled, and barely loud enough for me to make out that she was in her room.

     I dashed up the stairs, which were fortunately right next to the front door. The stairs, only ten of them, felt like a million miles. Time was slowed down and it didn’t seem to be speeding up anytime soon.

     At last, I made it to her door and without thinking, I rushed inside. And my whole world came to a standstill.

      She was there, covered in blood; her blood. It was everywhere; all over her clothes; all over her room; all over the switchblade that she held in her right hand. She looked up to me with eyes that broke my heart; a piercing blue, full of hurt and neglect, full of sadness and longing.

     Then Vic walked into the room.

      He let out a strangled scream and ran to her side. "Kylie baby I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I didn’t want this to happen. I'm sorry." He cried

      "Victor Vincent Fuentes. I hate you." She said and sliced the blade across his stomach right before dropping it onto the floor, not because she wanted to but because she couldn’t hold it anymore. If she’d had the energy I knew she would have kept slashing at him.

     "Kylie!" I yelled in terror, running to her and taking her away from him. "I'm taking you to the hospital."

      "No" She yelled in protest as I dragged her away. "Just let me die! I'll be happy then. I'll be away from him!" She pleaded.

     "True, but you'd also be away from me. I’m your best friend, the one that's always been there for you." I told her, in my own way of pleading.

     She shut up after that and let me take her to the hospital, where she needed to be. She had already lost too much blood, she was gonna pass out any minute and in my car. This made me just wants drive faster, which I did.

      It only took me about five minutes to drive to the hospital, but it felt like the longest five minutes of my life. I parked close to the entrance and tried as hard as I could to get Kylie inside the hospital and get her the medical attention she really needed.