Chapter Three

-(Andy's POV)-

           That was seriously the best date that I've ever been on, and trust me; I've been on a lot of dates. It was just something about how this one was with Jenna that made it so much better than the rest. The fact that Jenna agreed to be with me was what made my whole night. Her smile after I kissed her lit up the whole street like no neon lights could have. She taken off her glasses just before and I was glad for that because I got to see her green eyes lit up when I asked her to be mine, it was perfect. I still can't believe that she said yes. Someone so beautiful, so pure doesn't belong with somebody like me, but I'm glad that she thinks that she does.

          Dinner with her went better than I’d thought and I’d had high hopes as it was. When we sat down I was a bit nervous that she’d notice my bad habits of avoiding all vegetables and practically inhaling my food. She ate with a grace I didn’t think could be achieved while stuffing your face with food. We were both served a salad, I had picked at mine and she’d made a small dent in hers. She then leaned over and admitted she didn’t eat salad much. That’s when I sighed in relief and told her that I despised most green food, she’d laughed and we ordered the rest of our food, steaks being our choice.

           On one of the Black Veil Brides’ Europe Tours I’d watched a few European people eat at some fancy restaurant. They placed their knife in their right hand, fork in their left, just like anyone ells but they flipped their fork around and scooped things onto the back of their forks and ate it that way. That’s the way Jenna ate. It wasn’t like she was trying to be plight but more like it was a habit of hers. When I commented on it, she seemed like she had never noticed it before.

          After Jenna finished her meal at an elegant speed and I inhaled mine, we ordered an Ice Cream Sunday to split. I’d watched couples in movies share their food with each other and make it overly romantic, which is what I figured would happen but as soon as the Sunday reached the table Jenna took her spoon and drew a deep line in the center of the Sunday, warning me to stay on my side. I’d smiled and eaten my side quickly, then doubted her ability from stopping me from eating part of her side. That’s when a spoon fight started in the middle of the restaurant. I regret to inform myself that I lost.

          God this woman was fun to be around. My energy and mood was lifted whenever I was around her and I could tell that after getting to know each other a bit better she was starting to warm up to me. After our dinner and overly fun desert we headed outside and hid behind the restaurant in a back alley so I could smoke.

         “This doesn’t bother you?” I asked, pointing to the lit cigarette in my hand.

          She had been balancing herself on a small brick wall, her hands out stretched for balance. She turned to me and sat down on the bricks. “Not really. Most of my family smoked so I got a lot of the second hand smoke, I’m used to it by now.” She explained, swinging her green Converse shoed feet.

           While she was talking I’d taken in a long breath from the cigarette, when she was finished I let it go, a large cloud of smoke rising in the air. “And you never became a smoker?” I asked as I looked over at her. I was leaning on the back wall of the restaurant.

           She shook her head, her gorgeous blond and red hair flooding her face. “I saw what it did to them. The mood swings, bad breath, horrid teeth, trouble breathing, and the amount of money it took out of their pay checks daily. I didn’t want to be like that.” She explained, her hair being thrown back by the wind.

            I looked from her, to the cigarette, to her again. She made a point. But many people made good points about why smoking was bad for you and none of them had made a difference to me. So why was what she said getting to me? Either way I dropped the cigarette on the ground and stomped it out with my foot. “Better not get bad breath and horrid teeth right?” I mumbled as my boot collided with the bud and cement below me.