Chapter Eighteen

As I opened the door to mine and Kylie’s house, I couldn’t help but wonder where I had gone wrong.  What did I do to make him cheat on me?  Was I not a good enough girlfriend?  Did I not put out enough?  I don’t know, but whatever it was made me feel like complete shit about myself.  Sure, I had been cheated on before, multiple times, but none of those times had ever made me feel this bad.

            I walked up to my bedroom, opening the door and setting my bags down by my closet.  I hadn’t even been gone for three hours before things had gone bad.  I’m not sure how I’m going to explain this to Kylie, because knowing her, she’s not going to take it very well.  She may even take it worse than I had. 

            I sat on the edge of my bed for a while, thinking about everything that Andy and I had shared in the past few months.  Not until now had I realized that it was stupid of me to go back to my dating rock stars life.  I only end up getting hurt.

            After sitting on my bed for too long, I stood up and walked out of the room.  “I need a drink,” I mumbled to myself, heading down stairs to the kitchen, a.k.a where all the good liquor was located in the house.

            As I walked down the stairs, the front door opened and Kylie walked in.  She looked up to see me, “Jenna, why are you home?  What happened?”  She asked, a worried expression crossed her face.  She was probably thinking something bad had happened to the guys.

            I sighed, “You’re going to want to sit down for this,” I told her, “and I need you to stay calm through it and not do anything irrational when I’m done explaining to you.”  I said and started toward the couch.

            I sat down, and she took the seat across from me, “Okay, I’ll stay calm, but if you need to tell me to stay rational about this, well I don’t think I can keep that promise.”

            I nodded and began telling her all that had happened.  From me overhearing that Andy had to tell me something, to him telling me that he had cheated on me, not just once, but twice, and to me telling him off and leaving.

            By the time I was done, I could practically feel the anger radiating off of Kylie.  Surprisingly, I wasn’t angry at all, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry until my tear ducts were empty and I couldn’t cry anymore.  But I’m Jenna Rosentrator, and I don’t cry.  Crying is for the weak whose eyeliner game isn’t always A+ and on point.

            Standing up from the couch, I stretched out, “I’m gonna go drink us dry until I don’t feel anything anymore, so I’ll see you in a few days.” I told Kylie and headed towards the kitchen once again.

            “Jenna, drinking your problems away isn’t going to help you, it’s probably just going to make matters worse.  I don’t need you falling back into how you were after what happened with Kellin.”

            “I’ll be fine.” Was all that I had said as I opened the liquor cabinet.

            Two shots of tequila and quarter of a bottle of vodka later, there was a knock on the door.  “I’ll get it,” Kylie called out, heading towards the door.  I was perfectly capable of answering the door, I wasn’t even buzzed yet.

            “What do you want?”  She asked whoever was at the door in a disgusted tone.  It was obviously somebody that she hadn’t wanted to see.

            There was no answer.  All I heard was footsteps coming into the kitchen, and whoever it was must have been looking for me.  As the mysterious person had rounded the corner, I wished that he hadn’t.