Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Thanksgiving Part 2

Jenna's POV

It was Thanksgiving Day and I was scared shitless.

My family wasn't exactly keen on me hanging out with anyone male and even if I was on my own and an adult, they still didn't like it much. They checked my Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, and every other social site I was on almost daily just to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. I always thought it was hilarious considering I was the most responsible of their children but they were always mindful of me over anyone else.

When I was little, we had hordes of people over for every holiday but that number had dropped dramatically when my uncle and grandfather passed and the family went in a feud over who got what, not that they had anything to get. Later, we started pairing up with Kylie's family for holidays but they had a 'falling out' and hardly ever spoke, even if they lived only a block from each other.

I'd lived in the same little house all my life and we'd always had ten people living there at all times if not more. The house was a one story with old green walls on the outside and white on the inside. There were seven rooms and a single bathroom. When I was growing up, the place was always dirty and half the time we didn't have enough money to pay the electricity bills so it was always dark. When I got older, my dad invented some weird thing and started his own business which got us plenty of money to live on. A little bit before I moved out, I started making money but everything I made before I turned eighteen and moved out went to renovating their house, not that they kept it looking nice for very long. They were pigs most of the time but cleaned up and made everything look nice when people came over so they could seem like the perfect little Christian family. This was always rather annoying.

The house had my mom, dad, grandma, two uncles, aunt, two brothers, and my sister. When I moved out, it was the first time the house had had only nine people living in it since 2007.

Now that I'd moved out with Kylie, returning to that house was like returning to the place I'd escaped only two years before. I had hardly spoken to any of them but my aunt had invited me to come and Andy said it would be good for me.

Just to make sure they'd approve of Andy, I went through the instructions I'd told him to follow again as we sat in the car outside of the house, its dried grass winking at me in the diming light like it was telling me a secret.

"Do you remember what I told you?" I asked hastily as I gripped onto his suit jacket anxiously. He gave me a look as he eyed my hands wrinkling the jacket. I released it and backed up. "Sorry." I mumbled.

He rolled his gorgeous blue eyes playfully and unbuckled his seatbelt. "You told me to dress nicely, which I did." He motioned to his button up white shirt and black tie, jacket, slacks, and dress shoes. His hair was combed and brushed back into a neat, low ponytail and he'd ditched the makeup and war paint for the evening. "I'm supposed to lay off the cursing, don't say 'fuck' or any variations of it in front of your nana, not state my opinion on anything, don't mention how Kylie is pregnant with Ash's baby, how I'm practically living in your room these days, or how I'm covered in tattoos and smoke."

I patted his head. "Good boy, now roll over and sit." I joked through a chuckle. He batted my hand away but grabbed my wrist and leaned over, kissing me lightly on the lips before drawing back. "Oh, and you can't do that in there either. They'll flip out."

He smiled and came closer again, kissing me all over my face. "Then." Kiss. "I." Kiss. "Better." Kiss. "Do." Kiss. "It." Kiss. "While." Kiss. "I." Kiss. "Can." Kiss.