Chapter 14

"He never realized..."

Jungkook's P.O.V

I heard footsteps chasing after me, but I couldn't look back, the only thing that mattered right now was Taehyung.

What fate had planned for us, I was afraid of finding out.

The fear of losing him rang in my head.

The only time he brought me here was to share his distressing thoughts.

Something in me seem to scream that this will be our parting.
He came in my life unexpectedly and beautifully, I regret nothing we did, the memories we had.

I finally arrived at the sight viewing opening. Taehyung standing with his back turned towards me.

"Taehyung..." I breathed out in a whisper.

He stood at the edge of the landscape, his feet edging closer to the edge.

Fear filled me, just then I saw one of his feet dangling dangerously.

"TAEHYUNG!!!"
I screamed at the top of my lungs stopping him from continuing his actions.

"Jungkook-ah..." He said in that deep voice I fell inlove with.

"You can't leave me Taehyung. You promised you wouldn't."

He didn't answer.

"You promised! You damn liar!"

"It's time you wake up from your delusional dreams Kookie. I have to go, forget about me, forget about Jin, forget about everything. You deserve better ,Jungkook-ah."

What? What is he saying?

Jin...

Jin...

Jin...

The more I said it the more familiar it sounded.

Taehyung started edging closer, ready to end-

"Taehyung! No! Don't!"

I rushed closer, but before I could reach him hands held me back. In that moment, I turned around looking at my captor.

Hoseok!

Rage filled me as I fought out of his grip. But by the time I turned around, Taehyung was gone.

He...was gone.

He fell off???
Left me...

I grew mad and launched at Hoseok, head butting him as he fell at the impact, I didn't stop my onslaught. I kicked him in the stomach several times until he held my feet pathetically.

"It's your fault! If it weren't for you he wouldn't be dead right now! If it weren't for you I would've saved him! If it-"

"Who are you talking about?"

When I heard those words, I raised my eyebrows, looking at him as if he was crazy.

Wasn't he there all along?
Hadn't he seen Taehyung?

"Jungkook... Who were you talking to? Who died?"

I started shaking,
This... This can't be...

"T-Taehyung. My boyfriend, Taehyung!"

Hoseok slowly got up, looking at me with pity?

Why?! Why is he pitying me?!
That's the look they all gave me, calling me a special need.

Why was I different from them?

"Jungkook..." Hoseok called me gently.
"No one was there..."

Third Person P.O.V

He never realized...

"Jungkook, No one was there."

Jungkook was positive that he was talking to his boyfriend minutes ago.

"B-but Taehyung."

"I'll ask you one more time Jungkook,"

Jungkook gulped, swallowing the nervousness that suddenly took over his form.

"Who is Jin?"

And that's when Jungkook broke down.

Flashback

"I have a question mana-, Jackson."

"What is it?"

"Do you know... Jin?"

Jackson released a sigh. How would he say this, he wasn't sure, but he had to.

"Jin, was, Jungkook's best friend. They were extremely close. Jin treated Jungkook like a little brother, he was sweet, caring and incredibly handsome. Not only that, he was an excellent baker. People flooded the café everyday just to get a taste of Jin's baking.  He was on demand you could say."

Jackson chuckled a bit, but quickly replaced it with a sad smile.

"Jin soon stopped working here. I wasn't mad that the customers were leaving, I was more concerned about Jin. Jin liked to hide his pain but we knew that he was suffering, just like Jungkook. I suppose that's why they were so close. I never got the chance to learn of the disorder they both had. But it was too late for Jin. He seemed happy with his fiancé, Kim Namjoon, if memory serves me right. Kim Namjoon, an honourable man indeed, a spectacular music producer, commited suicide along with his partner Kim Seokjin. All of this happened five years ago. I suppose Jungkook wasn't able to get rid of the thought that Jin wasn't with us anymore. "

Hoseok frowned as his heart panged for the other male.

"Jin didn't only act as his brother figure, but his parental figures as well.  Jungkook's parents died a long time ago. I suppose he still sees them too. It's hard for him really. He might be a handful, but don't leave him and betray his trust Hoseok."

"I promise I won't." Hoseok declared with determination.

"Good. Also, protect him at all cost. There might be some moments where customers tease him."

End of flashback

Jungkook was sobbing uncontrollably.

They were all just illusions playing with his head.

"J-jin was my best best friend. B-but  he left me and killed himself. Namjoon hyung too. They both left me." He explained through his sobs.

Hoseok slowly wrapped his arms around the younger.

"And Taehyung?" Hoseok was just trying to make the younger confess and accept reality.

"...Taehyung... Wasn't there either."

"Did you know someone named Taehyung?"

"He, went to the same h-high school as me. He was really nice, we weren't close friends, but I always had a crush on him."

"And then?" Hoseok asked gently, rubbing circles in the younger's back.

"He died. By some sort of cancer." Jungkook broke down once more.

Hoseok felt the pain of the younger. All though he never experienced it before. He sympathized with the younger.

Jungkook had always been lonely, from his childhood to his adult life. He was only 22 years old, yet he had endured so much.

_______

"His illusion became his reality and his reality became his worst nightmare..."

Jungkook couldn't tell between the two

__

A/N

This book is coming to an end.