Lovers By Night

Stuart's POV

With a to-go bag in my hand, I knocked on her front door. My heart jumped into my throat when she opened the door. "Hi," she smiled.

"It was my turn to pick up dinner. Chinese okay?"

She opened the door a little more for me, signaling for me to come inside. "Chinese is always okay."

I felt her follow me as I walked into her kitchen. The minute I put the bag on the island, I turned around, pulled her into my chest and pressed my lips to hers. I heard her laugh as our lips continued to move in sync.

Liz and I have been dating for almost two months now. We may not be able to do anything at work, but after work we meet either at her place or mine. One of us picks up dinner and we spend the night eating, watching movies, drinking, and just spending time together.

I never knew I could feel this way about someone until I met Liz. I love finally being able to call her mine, but if I'm being honest I wish we didn't have to hide.

I was the first to pull away. I leaned against the counter with Liz still in my arms. "You okay?" She asked, playing with the collar of my shirt.

"Yeah, I just. . ." I stuttered. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath.

"If this is about us at work. . . We agreed that if we are going to be together, we have to keep it a secret." She sighed as she walked around me and started going through the bag of food I brought.

"It's not that," I said quickly following her. I grabbed her arm, turning her towards me. "I've never had a relationship like this before."

"Really?"

I nodded my head as I reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I've never had any kind of relationship before. Mainly just one night stands with girls whose names I don't even remember."

"Nice," she laughed.

"It's not that I didn't want a serious relationship," I continued, ignoring her comment. "It's just that I've never met someone I've clicked with the way I instantly did with you. Does that make me a complete prude?"

"Little bit," she giggled. I sent her a looked making her laugh. She wrapped her arms around my neck still giggling. "But that's okay because I am the exact same way."

She pressed her lips to mine in a soft kiss. "Well," she sighed pulling away, "not exactly the same way."

She unwrapped her arms, grabbed the food and headed into the other room with me closely behind.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting down shortly after her. I started to take the food out of the bag as I waited for her to explain.

She began opening the packages as she avoided looking at me. She cleared her throat before explaining, "You know all those crazy stories you hear about high schoolers going to parties every weekend, getting drunk, sleeping around?"

"Yeah," I laughed remembering a few of my own embarrassing moments.

"Well, that wasn't my high school experience." She looked at me with a shy expression on her face. "I wasn't. . . I didn't have friends in high school. Or middle school. Or at all."

She turned away, but I reached over, grabbing her chin and turning her head towards me. "I would've been your friend," I whispered.

My heart sank when she scoffed. "Yeah right," she mumbled, turning away from me.

"Liz," I said sadly.

"Come on, Stuart." She scoffed looking back at me. "You really think that in high school you would've been my friend. You were probably Mr. Popular."