The Return

Stuart's POV

I've thought about it all weekend. Literally, all weekend I couldn't get Liz out of my head. Her smile. Her laugh. The look on her face when she sketches a design. The way she chews her bottom lip when she's nervous.

I spent the whole weekend, in my apartment, trying to come up with what I was going to say to Liz. I even stood in front of the mirror and practiced.

I planned to tell her that it was more than a one night stand and that I knew it could get us fired, but it's worth it. She's worth it.

Monday morning finally came. I couldn't sleep anyway so I decided to get to work an hour early and make sure everything was set up for Liz's return.

The whole way over I kept rehearsing what I was going to say even though I knew that the minute I saw her I would forget everything I practiced. I didn't care what happened to me or what I had to do to be with her. I have to tell her how I feel.

I walked into work and was greeted by Dana. "Morning Stuart. You and Liz are here early."

"Liz is already here?" I stuttered. "Liz doesn't normally come in for another hour," I mumbled.

"Yeah. She's been here pretty much all weekend. I swear, that girl never stops working," Dana sighed.

"Wait, I thought she was on a business trip since Thursday."

"She was. Her and Chetty got back late Friday night. I came in Saturday to finish some work and she was here, sketching away in her office. Apparently, she came in Saturday and Sunday. I asked the security guard and he said that she was here waiting for him each morning. And he gets here at 4:30. He also told me that she wouldn't leave until the night security guard came to lock up her office."

"That's crazy," I said slowly. Without another word, I walked down the hallway towards Liz's office. I picked up my pace when I noticed the light on.

I froze in the doorway when I saw Liz laying on the floor in front of her desk. "Liz!" I ran over to her and rolled her over. With shaking hands, I pressed my fingers to her neck, feeling for her pulse. I let out a sigh of relief when I felt it.

"Liz," I said softly. I reached forward and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, cupping her cheek in my hand. I reached in my pocket with my other hand and pulled out my phone to call for help.

"Please wake up, Liz."