Or At Least Trying To

Stuart's POV

"Liz Martin's office," I answered the phone. "How can I help you?"

"Hey Stuart, it's Mr. Chetty."

"Oh, hey Mr. Chetty. Liz actually isn't in the office right now. She had a meeting with some of the graphic designers about forty-five minutes ago. She should be back in a few minutes."

"Okay, no problem. Just have her give me a call when she gets back."

"Will do, sir."

"Thanks Stuart."

"Have a nice day," I said before hanging up.

It's been a week since Liz and I slept together and it's been hell. Every time I have tried to talk to her about it, she makes up some excuse and rushes out of the office.

Whenever I look at her–her glasses falling down her face, her hair swept to one side, a pen either in her mouth or behind her ear, the way her eyebrows scrunch together when she's sketching a design–it drives me crazy. I have to resist the urge to run over to her, push her against the wall and press my lips to hers.

I am out of control.

I shook my head, trying to clear it of those thoughts. "She's my boss," I mumbled as I ran my hands through my hair.

"You okay?" I jumped slightly and turned around to see Liz standing in the doorway.

"No, I'm not." I said, turning back to my computer. I heard her sigh as she walked to her desk.

"Stuart," she sighed as she sat down.

"I understand," I cut her off. "Well, I can pretend to understand because I honestly don't. I understand that we could get fired. What I don't understand is why you won't at least talk about it."

I stood up and started to leave. "Oh," I said stopping in the doorway. "Chetty called while you were at your meeting." I said before turning on my heel and leaving.

Maybe storming out of the office was the childish thing to do, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's only been a week and I am already going out of my mind.

I've never met a girl like Liz. She's strong, smart, creative, funny, easygoing. Beautiful. That's what's really messing with me. I have to sit across from this amazingly beautiful woman, unable to do or say what I want to.

I found myself walking to Neha's cubicle. I needed someone to tell me I wasn't overreacting.

"Hey, stranger." She laughed when she saw me coming. "Whoa, what's with the "murder" face?"

"Can you take a break?" I asked suddenly. She scanned my face before nodding. She grabbed her phone, stood up and followed me out of the building.

I could feel Neha's gaze as we walked quietly. She didn't say anything until we had gotten to the gardens.

"Stuart, stop." She said, grabbing my arm and turning me towards her. "What is going on?"

I looked around to make sure no one was listening. "I am going crazy, Neha. I need you to help me."

"What. . . What's going on? You're really starting to freak me out." She stuttered.

"Liz," I whispered even though no one else was around.

"What about Liz?"

"I am going crazy. I have to sit across from her, constantly staring at her and all I can think is why. Why doesn't she want to talk about what happened? I know that we could get fired and she has worked so hard for her job, but we should at least talk about it."

"Okay," she cut me off, putting her hands on my shoulders. "First, breathe. Second, take a step back. You need to calm down. If you don't, you could say something you'll regret and make things worse. You need to chill out."

"Chill out?" I scoffed. She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the bench, practically forcing me to sit down.

"Why am I acting so crazy?" I groaned putting my face in my hands. I ran my hands through my hair before looking at Neha. "I mean. . . It's not like I've never had a one night stand before. I did. All the time before I came up here. So, why is it that this girl is making me crazy?"

"Because it wasn't just a one night stand brought on by drunken actions. Look," she sighed. "You've never had a serious relationship and there's nothing wrong with that. So, you aren't sure what to do when you want a one night stand to go farther. But, you have to remember one very crucial important detail."

"And what's that?"

"She's your boss." She patted my knee before standing up and heading back inside.

"Thanks for the help," I called out after her. She turned around and sent me a wink before heading back inside.