A Little Party Never Killed Nobody. . .

Stuart's POV

When I got to the club, I instantly saw Neha, Yo-yo and Lyle dancing. I smiled as I walked over to them.

"Hey!" They all yelled over the music.

"Where's Liz?" Neha asked.

"She's on her way. I'm gonna go get a drink," I said, quickly changing the subject. I ordered a beer and instantly chugged half of it.

I jumped when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Liz. My eyes widened when I noticed she wasn't in her usual pencil skirt and blouse. Instead she was in a loose blue tank top and black skinny jeans that showed off her figure.

"Hey!" I yelled over the music. "You came!"

"I did," she giggled.

"Let me get you a drink. You need it," I said, patting the stool next to me.

"I shouldn't," she said.

"Too late." I put the beer in front of her. When she didn't take it I pushed it closer. "Liz," I said over the music. "It's Friday night, the first week of work is over, you're 22 years old and you deserve a night off. Drink. It's on me."

"Okay," she shrugged. I cheered when she took a large gulp.

"Oh, yeah. My friends really want to meet you."

"Wait, what?" Liz looked at me with wide eyes.

"Don't worry," I laughed. I started to get up, but she grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Stuart, wait." My eyes narrowed when she bit her lip. "I'm not. . . I just. . . I'm not very good with people my own age."

"Liz, they are really nice. I promise. And besides, I'll be right there the whole time." I looked at her nervous face before adding, "Trust me. They are going to love you."

"Okay," she said, biting her lip.

Once we had finished our drinks, I hopped off my stool. "Ready?" I asked her.

"I guess," she shrugged.

"Hey," I sighed. "They are going to love you. Plus they are already drunk," I shrugged making her smile.

I took her hand in mine and led her over to my friends. "Stuart!" Neha yelled, as she continued to dance.

"Guys this is my boss, Liz Martin. Liz this is my old interning group. Neha, Yo-yo, Nick and Billy."

"So you two are the famous Oldies?" She asked making everyone laugh except for Nick and Billy. "Sorry. It's just. . . People talked about you guys all the time. Chetty especially. You do know how much he hated you, right?"

"Yeah, we know." Nick laughed.

"But, we wore him down," Billy laughed sending her a wink.

We spent the rest of the night telling stories, dancing, and most importantly drinking. At first, Liz was quiet. But as the night went on, she opened up.

Liz and I had taken a break from the dancing and were sitting in a corner booth.

"What?" She asked when she noticed me staring at her.

"You're really pretty, you know that?"

"Shut up," she giggled, hitting my chest. I grabbed her hand, keeping it pressed to my chest.

"I mean it, Liz. You are beautiful and funny and smart and a total badass. Eric and Kenny are asshats. They are just jealous of how awesome you are."

"Stuart, can I tell you something?"

"Of course, Boss Lady."

"Eric and Kenny were right. In the past three years that I have had this job, I've had like sixteen assistants. None of them lasted longer than two weeks."

"I'm sorry," I pouted.

"They always said that my schedule was too crazy and that they couldn't handle that sometimes I would go days at a time without talking and that made them uncomfortable." She cleared her throat and turned to me. "So, I have to ask before I get to attached to you being my assistant. Are you going to hate that too?"

I reached over and grabbed her shoulders. "I promise, Elizabeth Martin, that I won't quit."

"You don't mean that," she said, shaking her head.

I dropped my hands and looked at her sadly. "Yeah, I do."

"No, you don't. Stuart," she slurred. "All my past assistants have made that promise and all of them have broken it. Thank you for trying, but it's okay."

"Liz," I sighed. "I promise I won't leave. I know I'm just an intern, but I think it would be really cool to work for you as a real employee. I'll be honest, at first I was intimidated but when I met you. . . Liz, you inspire me. You're smart, you're creative, you're a badass. The only thing I would change is the fact that you let Dick Eric and Dick Kenny talk to you the way they do."

"But I. . . I don't like confrontation. What am I supposed to do?"

"Let me kick their asses," I shrugged making her giggle.

"Or we could forget those two losers and go dance!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the rain cage. She giggled when the rain turned on. She put her hands up and did a spin.

"What?" She asked when she noticed me staring at her. "Why aren't you dancing?" She whined ending with a little giggle.

"Sorry," I stuttered. I shook my head, trying to shake away the drunkness. If I'm not careful, I'm going to do something I regret.

We drunkingly danced against each other, her backed pressed to my chest. I bit my lip as I heard her moan.

With my hands on her waist, she turned around and kept swaying her hips. She looked up at me and smiled before putting her hands on my shoulders, pulling me closer to her. I leaned forward and pressed my forehead to hers.

I'm not sure who made the move first, but next thing my drunk mind remembered was our lips pressed together.

As our lips moved in sync, my drunk mind was screaming at me to stop, but everything else in my body wanted this.

Wanted Liz.