. . . But It Could Get Someone Fired

Stuart's POV

I woke up to the sun shinning through my window, right into my face. I opened my eyes and instantly shut them. My head was pounding thanks to my hangover.

My mind sobered up when I felt someone's arm draped across my bare chest. My eyes widened when my drunk mind realized that Liz was the girl sleeping on my chest. As I watched her sleep a small smile made it's way to my lips.

I closed my eyes before rolling my head to the side. That's when I saw my shirt and her shirt on the ground. My eyes widened when memories from last night flashed through my mind.

Liz grabbed my hand and pulled me into the rain cage. She giggled when the rain turned on. She put her hands up and did a spin.

"What?" She asked when she noticed me staring at her. "Why aren't you dancing?" She whined ending with a little giggle.

"Sorry," I stuttered. I shook my head, trying to shake away the drunkness. If I'm not careful, I'm going to do something I regret.

There was a lot more drunk dancing and grinding before. . .

With my hands on her waist, she turned around and kept swaying her hips. She looked up at me and smiled before putting her hands on my shoulders, pulling me closer to her. I leaned forward and pressed my forehead to hers.

I'm not sure who made the move first, but next thing my drunk mind remembered was our lips pressed together.

I snapped back to reality when I felt her move. I looked down at her and held my breath as her eyes fluttered open. She blinked a few times before her eyes landed on mine.

"Morning," she said, sleepily. When she opened her eyes again, they were wide.

"Stuart?!" She quickly sat up causing my breath to get caught in my throat. I looked away, waiting for her to realize she wasn't wearing any clothes. She gasped as she grabbed the blanket, clutching it to her chest.

"Oh no," she whispered. With one hand clutching the blanket to her chest, she ran the other through her hair. "I am so fired," Liz mumbled as she got up the blanket still wrapped around her body. I turned around and started getting dressed allowing her to do the same without me watching.

"Liz," I started. I peaked over my shoulder to see her pulling her tank top over her chest.

"I am so sorry," she stuttered. I started to slip on my pants and shirt as she continued to ramble on about how screwed we were. "I shouldn't have. . . We shouldn't. . . I can't believe I slept with my interning assistant. I am so sorry, Stuart. I'm going to get us both fired."

"You're not going to get us fired," I sighed. I turned around just in time to see Liz slipping into the hallway. "Liz, wait!" I yelled, instantly cringing.

I ran after her and got to the living room just as she got to the door. "Liz," I said, grabbing her wrist right before she grabbed the doorknob. "Let's talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about," she said softly, not turning around.

"Yes there is," I said, slowly turning her around. I looked at her beautiful eyes, wanting nothing more than for her to stay. I wasn't sure what we were going to talk about, but all I knew was that I didn't want her to leave.

"Stuart, we could lose our jobs. Even though we were drunk, we could still loose our jobs. Chetty has very specific rules against. . . Well, exactly what we did. It's better if we just forget this ever happened."

Before I could stop her, she slipped her hand out of my grasp and left. I ran my hands through my hair, slowly backing away from the door. I collapsed onto a beanbag, feeling completely clueless as to what to do next.

It's better if we just forget this ever happened.

Could I forget this ever happened?