Bullies Round 2

Stuart's POV

"Morning," I greeted when I walked into Liz's office.

"Hey," she looked up from her computer and smiled.

Her smile and the way the sun was coming through the window behind made my breath get caught in my throat. "I umm I went to Starbucks and figured you might want one so I got you one. I wasn't sure what you drink in the morning, but I got you the same one I got you yesterday."

"Aw thanks," she smiled as she took her drink out of my hand and took a sip.

"So, what's on the agenda for today boss?" I asked, sitting at my desk.

"Umm," she hummed. "I have a meeting with some designers later today, Chetty and I have a lunch meeting, but other than those two meetings just designing images."

"Oh just those two meetings?" I teased. She looked up at me and sent me a playful glare before laughing.

"Come on, slacker. Help me pick out which designs look best." She walked by me, grabbed my hand and dragged me over to her white board that she has several designs taped on.

"Okay, so I don't usually draw it out like this," she blushed as I looked at her designs. "I usually design it on the computer but, I'm still brainstorming ideas."

"Liz, these are amazing."

"Thanks," she said, running her hand through her hair. She cleared her throat, "So Chetty wants me to show him my final design ideas for the next few holidays. I have a few different ideas for each holiday and I just need to pick which ones I have chosen."

"Okay," I said rubbing my hands together. "Let's see what you got." I looked over her different designs that she had organized by holiday. "I know I have said this a lot already, but these designs are incredible."

"You see the New Years one? When you click on it, the ball on L, it drops. When it drops, fireworks go off."

"That's really cool. You're going to have to teach me how to do this one day," I said looking at the designs and then at her.

"Sure," she smiled.

*****

"How did the meeting go?" I asked when Liz walked into the office.

"You were right," she shrugged. "Chetty loved the designs and left the final decisions up to me. Well me and you," she added sending me a smile.

"When does he want us to make the decisions by?" I asked ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

"By the end of the week," she sighed, running her hand through her hair.

"Then we've got time," I said walking up next to her as we looked at the designs.

We spent the next hour talking about the designs and eliminating a few. We still had a lot to go through, but we had made progress.

"So, explain this Valentine's Day design to me again." I said unclipping it from the board. I gasped when she put her hand on my shoulder and looked over me at the one I had in my hand.

"Well, this one people will be able to send electronic valentines to their friends. They click on either O and an electronic valentine will pop up that looks like," she paused as she looked for the design. "This. Then they just have to put in their friends email and hit send," she explained.

"That is so cool," I said bouncing on my toes. She let out a laugh making me stop.

"It's not that good," she laughed, rolling her eyes.

Suddenly, Liz stopped laughing and jumped when someone knocked an annoying melody on her door.

"Liz, you okay?" I asked, but was cut off.

"What's the Nerd Department up to this crappy Tuesday?"

I turned to see Eric and Kenny walking in. I looked at Liz to see her nervously picking at her nails. I stepped towards them and cleared my throat.

"Actually, guys, we're really busy. So if you wouldn't mind," I didn't finish my sentence and instead gestured towards the door.

"Yeah, sure you are," Kenny scoffed. "Thanks, intern." I clenched my hands into fists and took a step towards them, but stopped when Liz grabbed my arm.

"What do you boys need?" She asked, letting go of me.

"Just wanted to see these amazing designs that Chetty won't shut up about," Eric said putting finger quotes around amazing.

"They're right here," Liz mumbled, gesturing toward the board. She bit her thumb nail as they looked over her designs.

"Wow Lizzy, these are great." Eric said. I looked at her to see her already looking at me confused.

"Thanks, Eric."

"Great enough that I could've done them," he finished.

"Seriously, Lizzy." Kenny snickered. "I thought the head of the Graphics Department would do better sketches than these. . .doodles."

"Okay," I sighed, putting the sketch in my hand back on the board and turning towards them. "Get out. Now."

"Oh!! Your interning kitty has nails," Eric laughed. He looked at Kenny before they looked at me, ready for a fight.

"Would you like to find out how sharp they are?" I threatened, taking a step towards them.

"Stuart," Liz said, grabbing my arm.

"Yeah Stuie," Kenny smirked. "Calm down or your mommy is going to have to tighten your leash."

I took another step towards them, but stopped when Liz's hand slid down my arm and grabbed my hand. "He's not worth it," she whispered. I looked over at her and my glare instantly softened.

She took a visible deep breath before turning towards Eric and Kenny. "I think it's time you boys headed back to your own office," she said sternly. I held my breath until they had disappeared, not just out of Liz's office, but down the hallway.

"Liz," I tried to say.

"We should try to pick the top three designs for each holiday. Then I can go to Chetty and get them approved before we make the final decision."

"Okay," I sighed, not wanting to push her. "Sounds good."