Annual Quidditch Tournament

Stuart's POV

I walked into work and froze in the doorway when I saw the smirk on Liz's face.

"What's with the smirk?" I asked with a small laugh as I sat at my desk and logged onto my computer.

"Oh, nothing," she said in a sing-songy voice. I looked up at her to see her trying to hide her smile as she read her emails.

"Okay," I mumbled making her laugh. Once my computer had turned on, I opened my email.

As soon as I saw the subject line of the first email in my inbox, I knew exactly why Liz had been laughing. "Oh no," I groaned causing Liz to no longer be able to hold in her laughter.

Annual Quiddith Tournament

Interns vs. Department Heads

"Please tell me this is a joke " I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"Nope," she laughed, popping the "p". I sent her a glare making her laugh again.

"I thought this was a summer intern thing."

"Oh no. We here at Google take our Quidditch very seriously," she laughed. "It won't be that bad."

"Are you doing it?" I asked, walking over to her desk with my arms crossed.

"Hell no," she snorted. "I got out of that my first year as an official employee and have not been forced to since."

"Then why do I have to do it?" I whined, sitting on one of the chairs, leaning my elbows on the edge of her desk.

"Because there are only so many interns," she explained as she reached across her desk, taking my hand in hers. I playfully pouted making her giggle. "I'm sorry. Just make the most fun out of it as you can."

"Easy for you to say," I mumbled as I stood up. "You don't have to play a fictional game, looking like an idiot in front of the entire company tomorrow."

She laughed as I walked back to my desk. I internally groaned when I sat down and saw the email still open.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach go crazy I looked up and saw Liz working on her computer, adjusting a design on her computer.

I let out a small laugh making her look up at me. She sent me a wink causing me to respond with a playfully eye roll.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

*****

I fixed my glasses as I walked out to the fields that were being used for the tournament. I looked around at all the people in the stands until my eyes found Liz. I sent her a wink before walking over to my team.

My team was the same team from the summer. Nick, Billy, Yo-yo and Neha. The only difference was Lyle was now on the side of the department heads. I didn't really know any of the department heads besides Eric and Kenny.

Just like I predicted, Thing 1 and Thing 2 spent the whole game trying to mess with me. I didn't care so much about the game, but cared more about Eric and Kenny making smug comments under their breaths. All about Liz.

"Don't embarrass yourself in front of your master," Eric chuckled at the beginning of the game.

"Look like Lizzy's intern isn't so good with his hands," Kenny snickered when he stole the ball.

I tried to ignore their comments, but they got more and more graphic. At one point Eric looked at Liz in the stands and whispered, "If I didn't hate her so much, I would probably want to hit that. And by hit that I mean get drunk, pleasure myself and leave her."

That comment earned him and 'accidental' elbow to the gut. As he doubled over in pain, I sent him a smirk and jogged away. I passed Liz and sent her a wink.

To keep myself from punching Eric and Kenny, I kept looking at the stands, instantly finding Liz. Every time our eyes would meet she would instantly smile. I would usually send her a wink causing her cheeks to turn red.

I jumped when I felt a ball hit the back of my head. I turned around to see Eric laughing. "Keep your head in the game, lover boy." He said as he ran past me.

"Ass," I mumbled.

Neha threw me the ball and I ran towards the other end of the field with Eric and Kenny at my heels. Before they could 'accidentally' tackle me, I threw the ball into one of the hoops.

I turned around and smirked at the two dumbfounded ballerinas. "Keep your heads in the game, ladies."

I started to run past them and smirked when I saw Liz in the stands, on her feet, cheering. I lifted my arm pointed at my eyes, then pointed back at her before repeating my movements.

I watched Liz bite her lip as I pointed at her, signaling that the shot was for her.

I was too busy watching Liz blush and laugh to notice Eric and Kenny looking between the two of us and then at each other.