Chapter Three

Luke P.O.V.

"Oh Luke, I am so glad we're back together, aren't you baby?" As of now I'm sitting in my car with Veronica. I'm already late for band practice, and I don't feel like hearing the boys complain just yet.

"Yeah, it's great." I want to be Veronica, I do. Her body is amazing, she's got a good face. Her personality is pretty good as well. Something just seems off to me, maybe I had changed in jail. 

Her hand was making its way down my torso, and I could tell where this conversation was going. I could feel myself going into an erotic state, which wasn't appropriate for the school parking lot. "The music room was so fun earlier, I was thinking we could go back to my house for a round two." Her hand now at my waist.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone. Not just anyone, it was Holland. I push Veronica off me and step out immediately. I don't know why, but I feel drawn to Holland, and it scares me a lot. "Holland!" I yell, knowing people were going to become suspicious. You ever set yourself up to look like an idiot? That's me right now as I run up to a girl I barely know and realize I have nothing important to actually say to her. 

"What's up?" She seems nervous and shifts her bag up her shoulder. I search for anything to say as she stares at me, and I feel myself turning red.

"Want a ride home?" I'm not sure this is a good idea seeing I'm supposed to give Ronnie a ride as well, but it was the only outlet I could think of.

"You ran across the parking lot, full speed, to ask if I needed a ride? Why didn't you just drive up to me?" She laughed and I could tell she was joking, I was also relieved that she seemed to be warming up to me. 

"Just wanted to get in my daily excersise." I laugh with her and almost forget about Ronnie until a loud horn goes off.

"You coming, babe?" She yells across the lot. I know she did this because of Holland. Earlier she tried to ask me about her in the music room afte our 'activities' but I tried to blow it off. How could I tell her about Holland if I barely know her myself. I saw her tense up when she saw Ronnie sitting in my car and she only shook her head no and began to turn around. I felt helpless, because no matter who I went to the other would be hurt, so I took my choice and turned around to my car. I got in to a clearly pissed off Veronica and turned on the engine. She stared out the window and didn't say much until about halfway to her house.

"If you would rather be with that girl, just tell me." I hated when she said things like this, it is like I couldn't have friends.

"I don't want to be with her, I barely know her, she is just new."

"Did you hook up with her already? Probably right before I came in the music room. That explains why she left in a puddle of tears." 

"Will you stop? No, I didn't hook up with her, and she wasn't crying, we are just friends!" I knew I was yelling but quite frankly I didn't give a shit.

"Stop acting like I'm insane for thinking that! How many girls have you cheated on me in the past with? Fuck, you slept with my best friend." That was a low blow. 

"I don't recall ever begging you to take me back so don't throw that on me. You come back to me! If you are so annoyed at me why don't we just break up?"

Tears started forming in her eyes making me instantly regret all I said. "I stay with you because I love you Luke. I've loved you for so long and I know you love me too." She climbed across the seat to sit on my lap. We were parked now.

"I love you to Ron, I'm so sorry." The words left a bad taste in my mouth. I know I can't stay with Veronica for much longer because all I feel towards her is sexual attraction, and since she offered herself up often, it's so easy to forget that I'm not in love with her.