Chapter ten

Every Monday at school we were supposed to have a meeting about our senior trip to Disney World where we can discuss how we can raise money for it and such. That meant we had to be at school half an hour earlier than usual and every senior dreaded it. Another thing they dreaded was having Remi Knocker, class president, tell us all what to do. She had to be the biggest loud mouth in the school. It was only the third Monday in and I was already over it.

"Okay, this weekend there will be a party at my house, it's five dollars to enter and all of that will go into the fundraiser." 

I was sitting inbetween Ashton and Luke and Ashton thought it was appropriate to laugh. 

"Something funny, Ashton?" Remi asked from the front of the room. I could tell she had an attraction to him which made me feel worse for her when Ashton made fun of her.

"Yeah, who do you think is gonna show? Pay five dollars to drink Mike's Hard and play twister, my ass."

"Well, no one asked you to show. The rest of us who don't spend our time doping out might enjoy a little gathering like this." All the cheerleaders and jocks clapped for her but Ashton just narrowed his eyes at her and she blushed. I swatted his arm so he would lose focus.

"Jesus Ashton, give the poor girl a break." 

"Alright Holland, you can go to the party and tell me it isn't lame."

"Deal. I'll have a great time."

Luke turned to me. "You aren't actually going to go though, right?" 

"Yes, I am."

"Holland, we can't have fun there!" 

"You don't have to come, I will have fun without you."

"Seems a tad impossible." 

"Oh Luke, it is very much possible."

He shrugged and turned back to the front. On his other side I could see Calum shooting glares at his ex-girlfriend Allie who was the treasurer. I swatted him next and raised my eyebrows. He just smiled at me reassuringly and looked anywhere but at her again. Michael was a row ahead right in front of us because he wanted to nap and he knew Ash would bother him. 

After another ten minutes of boredom, Maggie released us and we all dispursed into the courtyard. I lost Luke in the flood of seniors and the only boy who I managed to stay with was Calum. "What's happening with you and Allie?"

"Nothing, I think she is still hooking up with Matt." They had told Matt he was out of the band thing after he hooked up with her in the first place. He now hung around with the jocks. 

"Do you want her back?" 

He shrugged. "I just kind of wish she wanted me back." I wrapped my arm around Calums waist and pulled him in for a hug which he returned.

"It's her fucking mistake Cal, you're great."

"Thanks Holl, that actually helps."

"And fuck Matt." 

A voice behind us spoke. "Cheers to that." 

We turned and Matt was standing there with Veronica, Luke's ex.

"Can we help you?" Calum asks him, locking his jaw.

"So first you hook up with Luke and now Calum, working your way around the band." He accused, staring at me.

"Fuck off, dick, we're friends." Calum yelled stepping forward.

"Oh please, we all know what this little whore is up to." This came from Veronica. "I heard Luke only hangs with you because you blackmail him."