Chapter Fifteen

The songs for this chapter are; Ride- Lana Del Rey, Falling for you- The 1975.

We pulled up to what looked like one of the fanciest restaurants I've ever been to. I looked over to the drivers side where Luke was biting his lip and searching the lot for an empty spot.  I sighed, looking at the liscense plates of several cars we passed. My hands sat in my lap, unoccupied by his, which I found weird, but then again, he's been acting weird the whole ride here. 

Any conversation I tried to start he blew off and eventually I just messed with the radio to keep myself occupied. He looked at me smiling, and I returned it, half heartedly. I looked at the outside of the building and it was completely decorated with assorted flowers. I could see in the window that each table was covered with a clean white table cloth, and the chairs were big and covered in what looked like red velvet. I opened the mirror in Luke's car and checked my makeup.

"You look beautiful." He smiled, and I gave him a thankful smile. He finally turned into a spot and put the car in park. "Please don't move." He said stepping out and running around to my side to open my door. I kiss him on the cheek for him being cute, and he smiled down at me. He found my hand and led me to the front door, holding it open for me. I stepped in before him and he gave me a tap on the but, making me squirm a little, earning a chuckle from him. 

"Save it for tonight." I smirked, and instantly his eyes appeared full of lust. I walked us up to the desk where a woman, maybe mid-twenties stood. She was filling out a book and when she saw us looked up smiling.

"Name?" 

Luke grabbed my hand again. "Hemmings." He smiled, clearly proud at the nod the woman gave him, letting him know that he actually did make a reservation. She motioned for us to follow her, and led us to a far off corner, overlooking the lake that was behind the building. We sat down, Luke pulling out my chair for me, and the woman left us with a bottle of wine. 

"Wow, Luke this is beautiful."

"Only the best for you Holl." I blushed at his statement and took a sip of my wine. It tasted tarte, and I wasn't very fond of it, and neither was Luke and in sync we stuck out our tounges in disgust. "Gross."

"I hope they bring us water." I giggled, and he agreed. In between us was a single rose and a small candle. Luke looked down at the flickering light. 

"This little candle has nothing on what I've set up."

"There's going to be candles?"

"Yep, I want this to be really special."

"You're so cheesy Luke."

"Oh Holland, you wouldn't want me any other way." 

"Of course not." 

The waitor approached our table again and took our orders. I got the chicken parm, and Luke got some sort of fancy pasta. We waited a decent half an hour for our food to come infront of us, and we both began shoving food into our mouths, earning a few weird looks. Luke leaned over and took some of my chicken, despite my groan. He put it in his mouth and got a bit of red sauce on his chin making me laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"You have a little something." I told him, pointing to my chin and he wiped it off. 

After awhile of laughing at stupid jokes, I put my napkin on the table showing him I was full and he signalled for our waitor to get us the check, which he didn't let me see, and paid with his credit card. When she returned with our paid check we both stood up, and he grabbed my hand, weaving me through all the tables and to the front. We exited the building and in one swift move my back was to the brick wall. He stood pressed up against me, and smirked at me.