Chapter five (Evan)

"I'll go with Evan." you said Evan smiled at you and handed you a bow and a quiver of arrows. The two of you walked deeper in the woods.

"Just checking but you do know how to use that right?" Evan asked gesturing to the bow. You rolled your eyes at him.

"Yes Evan don't worry I won't shoot you." you joked. Evan smiled and chuckled nervously at that. The two of you stopped when you came across a rabbit. Evan sighed sadly before drawing his arrow back and firing. You winced.

"God I hate killing animals." Evan mumbled unhappily.

"So you went hunting because?"

"Well Em hates killing animals and she can' t see far away, Silviya hate killing things in general, and I can't leave all the work to you and Robin soo...yeah." Evan explained. You nodded seeing his logic.

"So how did the four of you become a group?"

"Robin was a close friend and he was tracking the outbreak and told Em and I and we told Sil. We started to prepare together...It's funny my dad taught Em and I all this and I always thought it was useless."

"Guess it wasn't." Evan let out a bitter laugh at your words.

"I just hope him and Dan are alright."

"Dan?"

"My older brother. He was the mother Em and I never had. Even though he was a little dangerous."

"Dangerous?"

"He made fireworks and well Em and I aren't exactly saints. He was also really good with clay so is sis."

"Really?"

"You don't see sis as being good with clay do you?" you shook your head.

"I didn't know Dan's secret to being good at it but I know her's."

"What is it?" Evan sighed sadly.

"Stress. She's stressed a lot so she uses clay as a stress ball and when her stress is gone she decided to shape it. The sad thing is she got better at it because of the stress. She was always stressed even when there was nothing to worry about but she doesn't tell anyone because she thinks its stupid. I really wish I could help her." you glanced at Evan who looked depressed at the thought of not being able to help his sister.

"Well at least she let it out in a healthy way." you said trying to comfort him.

"Yeah...Maybe Dan did it for the same reason...I'm sure Em really misses them I do too. Anyway why don't we get off depressing topics and go home." Evan said as he started to walk back. That was when you noticed it was getting darker, you followed him back to camp.

When you got there you saw Evan drop his things and run to something. Thats when you noticed everything looked ransacked and the thing Evan was running to was a unconscious Silviya. Emerald and Robin soon got there as well.

Thanks for reading.

Fighting to surviveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें