EXclusive Parts of I can't Remember Anything...

Endrew's POV

There was a period of time when me and my baby girl had to be separated. It wasn't easy for both of us. I was so used to having her there with me. Helping me shave, tying my tie, fixing my hair... she was always there. From putting the saving cream on my face, to picking the right tie, to jelling my hair just right. She was my buddy, sidekick, partner in crime. We needed each other, but we also needed to be apart.

The reason why hurt me... a lot. It was Shaylah. She wanted us to have a break. I don't know... she just didn't want me around. Shay's family never liked me because my family history. They thought that I was no good, just because my father fell in love with a woman he was not to marry. They thought that if I was with their daughter then I would leave her for a better woman. (Which in my opinion was highly impossible, because no one was better then My Shaylah).

Sometimes I would see regret in her eyes, I try to ignore it as much as possible. My biggest fear is loosing her. It would destroy me to be without her. She was like the air I inhaled, the food I consumed, the only thing that mattered to me. I knew that deep down she didn't feel the same way about me. I think that she married me just to get away from her parents. But along the way she became to love me, but not the way I loved her.

Jaylah was seven when I was told to leave. Shaylah told the kids that I was the one who wanted to leave. She made me seem like the bad guy, and I couldn't even defend myself. Those years that I was gone, I thought about a lot of things. I realized a lot of things also.

I didn't want to be with Shaylah as much as I wanted to before. I didn't think about her as much as I used to. I didn't yearn to see her face as much as I used to. I was falling out of love with her, and just when I was going to speak to her about our relationship status, I got phone call.

Jaylah.

She was in the hospital.