Here I Stand (Continuation of I can't remember anything...) Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jaylah's POV

"So you're like a Princess." Jazz stated. I nodded. "Okay I understand everything about the whole Kingdom and how they need a Ruler. They picked some couple, but they failed so they had to find another King and Queen. So they picked your Great-Great-Grandparents to Rule. They had Your O'pa; Romeo, who married Maybel and had your Grandpa Elijah. Elijah was suppose to become King but the woman his parents picked for him; Gertrude, was a horrible woman who your Grandpa couldn't stand. He fell in love with a woman named Emilia who is your Grandmother," Jazz glanced at Grandma and smiled, "They ran away the day of the wedding and got married. They had your father; Endrew, and your two aunts Carmon and Callieandra."

She took a deep breath then continued. "A couple centuries ago Gertrude came back and stole the 'Sacred Black Book,' which is a spell book. She said the wrong spell, which caused every single person of your kind - and some humans - to either become younger or older, but the thing is they can't age at all. So basically your frozen in time. The spell is technically permanent unless the person who granted the spell reverses it.

"So now your Mom and Dad are nineteen. Your Grandma is twenty-three and your Grandpa is twenty-five. Your Great Grandma and Grandpa are thirty-two. Your aunt Carmon is three years old and her twin sister is Seven. And you and your two brothers have stopped aging just this month.

"Did I miss anything?" she asked with a smile of accomplishment.

Me and Grandma looked at each other. "No." I said slowly.

"What I don't get is how you find your mate." she said to herself.

"Well O'ma said that she doubts that my mate would be a Normal person... Not that we're not normal or anything..." I corrected. "Anyway, if my mate IS our kind then we will have a connection. Meaning we will be able to read each others minds."

Jazz nodded. "But," I started, "There are situations were one person could be your mate, but not the other way around. For example my ex boyfriend Nash. I was his mate, but he wasn't mine."

"How bout Michel?"

I shook my head. "We're not mates, no connection, but our compatibility is a five."

"Five?!" Grandma exclaimed, causing all three of us to jump startled. "He said it was a three bar."

"He lied." I said simply.

"What? Three bar? Five?"

"Oh, sorry. See Michel's ability is to see the compatibility of people. One is the lowest. Five is the highest."

"But I thought you said that-"

"We're not mates. Just because some one is compatible to you doesn't mean that they're your mate." I explained. Then I remembered a question I've been meaning to ask Grandma. "Grandma?"

"Hmm?"

"Is it possible for you and your mate to not be compatible to each other. I know it would be contradicting the whole purpose of having a mate, but is it possible."

"What did you see Jaylah?" Grandma asked. She already knew that it was a vision that lead me to my question.

"Well lets just say that we should have more fire extinguishers in this house."

"Don't tell me that you burn him." She laughed.

"No he burns my bed, Grandma." I said seriously. She started laughing. "Not funny. Can we just watch this video, now?"