As We Wait (Part 2 of Here I Stand) Chapter 9

Part 2

As We Wait (Continuation of I can't remember anything...)

Chapter 9

Jaylah's POV

I have a cold. I am sneezing, and coughing, and feeling like I am about to die. I was kind of upset, because, Omri the one guy I was looking forward to meet didn't come yesterday. That was the day that I scheduled him to come, but now it was too late because today I had to meet another group of guys.

I was already ready and dresses. I looked in the mirror and I looked horrible. My eyes were watery, my nose a light red, from blowing my nose so much. My hair was just hanging there loosely, and it seemed that again my natural blond streaks were lighter then they were yesterday or any other day for that matter.

I was wearing grey sweatpants, and a white shirt under the matching hoody. Today I didn't care what I wore because I was sick and stuffy and miserable.

"Jaylah, are you ready?" Michel asked as he walked into the room.

I was about to answer, but a sneeze interrupted me. "Ahhh!!!" I yelled frustrated after I finished sneezing. "Michel, nobody would want to marry me after seeing me like this." I whined stuffily.

"Well," he started as he walked towards me. He pulled me into a hug. "Too bad because I would marry you a million times and more after seeing you like this."

"Aww, Michel. Stop being a suck up and carry me to the ballroom." I smacked his head and jumped on his back. "Gitty up, horsie!" My voice broke at the end. "Great now I'm losing my voice." I groaned.

He chuckled and made his way to the ballroom. When we got there I saw Ria sitting in the seat next to the one I was suppose to sit in, Grandma was sat on the other side.

"Hey Ri," I said as I sat down next to him and kissed his cheek.

"It seems like you love to embarrass me," O'ma started.

"O'ma, don't even start with me. I am sick, and tired, and stuffy, and my head hurts. I feel like if I down a whole bottle of freakin Tylenol then that wouldn't even solve my problems, and-"

"Jaylah, breath." Everyone said in unison.

"God, I've gotta to stop doing that." I whispered to myself.

The guy with the cool mustache came in. "Master Eton Macular, from Rome."

"Oooo, Rome." Axa said loudly.

A dude walked in, he wasn't bad looking. He was average. Blond hair, brown eyes, tall. He walked over to the interrogation desk in the middle of the dance floor.

"Eton Macular," I repeated as I looked down at the paper that had a picture and description of him. "So you like playing video games?" I sneezed. " 'Scuse me." I mumbled.

He looked distracted. "Yes, I do. Umm... would you mind washing your hands."

I tilted my head to the side and glared. "Dude, I didn't even sneeze into my hands."

He cringed. "Just please..." he begged.

"Is he serious?" I heard Jaymes say.

I stood up, and went towards him. "You know what Etom Meculec?" You can just get out." I grabbed his arm, and of course he flinched, and ran out the room.

It was quiet after him leaving I was still staring at the door he exit out of. "Actually, Jaylah I do think that you should was your hands." I turned and saw Axa and Jazz smack Jayden in the back of the head.

"Oww! What the-"

"Language!"

The next guys sucked!!! They were all weirdos. The most unweirdest guy was Brandon Stone. He was funny and Sarcastic. He was a guy I would so be friends with, he was also the jock at our school. You know the guy that Jazz threw the action figure at on our first day of school. Yeah, him. I asked him to stay since he was one of the 'final contestants,' so to speak.

We all had moved to the higher floor of the ballroom, where it was carpeted. We - as in the teens which consisted of me, Jazz, Axa, Michel, Jaymes, Jayden, Ria, and Brandon. The adults are on the bottom floor in the ballroom speaking about adult stuff. And guess what you guys! I still haven't found my mate!!! Aren't I a happy camper!

We were laughing about something stupid that Jayden just said about grape jelly and unicorns when the doors to the ballroom were flung open. We all jumped surprised. I was starting to get up, but Ria attacked me unexpectedly which caused me to screech in surprise.

Ria picked me up and threw my over his shoulder and ran down the stairs and to the main floor. "Ahh!!! Ria, Let go of me!!!" He started twirling in fast circles. "Ria!" He was laughing his butt off, like this situation was funny!

"Mr. Greer will you please release my granddaughter?" Grandpa chuckled. Oh he thinks this is funny too? Yeah, I'll show-

"Achoo!" Me and that other sneezed at the same time. Then I felt something burning on my skin. No it was like it was burning into my skin. I looked down at my wrist and screamed. It hurt like a freaking...

It just really hurt.

"What the heck is this!" I yelled as I saw a tattoo like marking on my wrist. It was black stars scattered all around in a pretty cool formation. There was six stars altogether. Three of them were bigger then the others, some of them were colored in the others not.

Everyone was quiet like they didn't even hear me. I looked up at everyone they were all looking at my arm. My gaze stopped at the other guy. It was like I couldn't look at anything but him. It was like... I couldn't even explain it.

He suddenly jumped and touched his neck. He moved his hand from the spot on his neck. I saw the same marking on the side of his neck. Six stars. Three colored in, three not.

We both looked at each other. Unable to look at anything else.

I heard someone start clapping in the room, but I couldn't look away from the mystery guy. "Jaylah Maria Javerson, my future queen, congratulations you have found your mate."

"What?!" Everyone in the room yelled, me and mystery just kept looking at each other, until we sneeze...