EXclusive Part of 'I can't remember anything...'

Endrew's POV (Endrew's the dad for those who don't know already)

Mental illness. Mental. Illness.

The doctor says that she’s having mood swings and started having rapid visions. One vision after another, after another, after another. Said that the causes for her was stress, sleep deprivation, and many, many more. There’s a list of them. A list that a seven year old shouldn’t have, like, stress. Come on! what does a seven year old have to worry about? How to cut on the dotted line? How to cut and past correctly? What to have for snack time?!

She would probably pick Skittles. She’s forever obsessed with those things.

I chuckled at the memory and looked down at her. She was awake, but she wouldn’t speak to me. She looked warn out and tired. Sad. It broke my heart to see my little girl like this. The doctor told me that he had found her on his way to work. She was at that park we used to go to all the time. He said that she was passed out, barley breathing, and that her temperature’s so hot that you would think someone stuffed her in the oven.

He hadn’t called Shaylah, he called me. He had told me that Jay was crying for me, and said that she didn’t want her mom here.

I knew my leaving would hurt her. I knew that her reaction wouldn’t be a good one. But never would I think that she would get this bad. The thing that made me mad was that Shaylah didn’t even call me! She kept this from me. She knew this was happening to Jaylah, because of my absence in her life, but never once did Shaylah call me. Not even one call.

She said she needed a break, not to torture my little girl. So in that split second I made the fastest decision I’d ever made in my life.

I stood and pressed the nurse button.

“Yes, Mr. Javerson?” the nurse said as she walked into the room.

“I’d like to check my daughter out of this hospital.”

She nodded, but looked disapprovingly. “But Mr-”

“No, please get me the paper work. I’ll take care of her. Just please, I need to get her out of here.” I sounded so desperate. She looked at me confused, but listened to what I said anyway. I knew that Shaylah would figure out. She would know that Jaylah was in the hospital and she’d come here and try to take my little girl away from me again. And I’d never let that happen anymore.

In approximately fifteen minutes, I had my baby girl in my arms and carrying her out of the building to my car. My plan was to get her out of here. Get her out, and leave. Get far away from here, and if situations get better then we might come back. But for now we’re leaving together.

Me and my baby girl, Jaylah.