Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

''Damn you Niall.'' I mumble to myself, as Harry turns around, holding a glass of water. His hand stops half way to his mouth and he stares at me. Slowly, he puts his glass down as I walk to the cupboard right beside him and get a glass down for Niall.

There's a stony silence as I turn the tap on, only to freeze when he lays his hand on mine.
''You can't drink the water out of the tap here.'' he says, really softly.

I whip my hand away, in almost automatic movements.

''Where's the water then?'' I order myself to ask him.

He holds his hand out for the glass and I reluctantly put it in it, avoiding contact.

I wait in silence while Harry takes a bottle of water from the fridge and pours some water in the clean glass.

Harry surprises me by asking a question.

One I've been dreading.

''When are you going to speak to me?''

I put out my hand for the glass, and he closes the distance between us, putting his body up close against mine and his hand around my hand.

''Sage, you know -''

''Harry, leave me alone.'' I shove away from him, but he winds his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

''Sage, listen to me.'' he whispers into my hair, sending shivers down my spine.

''Harry, go away.'' I lift my head up to look into his eyes.

Big mistake.

I try not to get lost in his green eyes.

''Sage, what I did -''

''Was shit. You shouldn't have done it.''

''I regret everything I did. If I could take it back, I would. I didn't want to hurt you, why don't you believe me?''
I stare into his emerald green eyes and wait, breathing hard, trying not to cry or do anything stupid.

I dip my head, shaking it, trying to free myself from his strong arms.

''Harry, please. I don't want to talk about this.'' I look up again and stare him down.

''Why? Are you afraid of rejection? Afraid of the truth?'' he says, fiercely.

Ouch. That hurts.

I'm afraid of you, is what I want to say. But that wouldn't end well. He'd scoff and say, afraid of me? Why? And that would just lead to more questions that I don't want to answer.

''Let go of me!'' I cry, nearly shouting.

He blinks, surprised at the tone of my voice and lets me go.

''Don't cry. I didn't mean to...'' he drifts off, as soon as he sees me leave the kitchen, my eyes brimming with angry tears.

I stamp back to the living room and everyone turns and stares at me, gaping.

''Harry was in there, wasn't he?'' Niall asks me, sadly.

I nod, handing him the damned glass of water.

''Sorry.'' he whispers, bending his head and looking ashamed of himself.

''It's okay.'' I pat his shoulder, comfortingly.
I need to get over this. Get over Harry.
The past is the past, it can't be done again. No matter how much you want it.