Chapter Nineteen.

Chapter Nineteen.

I'm woken by my phone ringing loudly, right by my ear.

''Are you coming?'' A voice sings in my ear. I open one eye and blink in the sudden brightness. The person at the other end is actually singing to me. ''Are you coming to see us or are you just going to stay there all day?''

I turn over to look for Sam, to show her the singing person, but her bed's empty. ''Uh, who is this?''

''I'm a cute guy who loves you and who you met two years ago,'' the boy keeps singing, hitting high notes and then low ones, confusing me all the more. I hear another voice, ''Lou, she just woke up.''

''I know that Zayn, but I wanted to wake her up nicely.'' Lou hisses, and I can feel the frown in his playful face and then set jaw as he says it.

Laughing, I climb out of bed and search for my slippers, which I put on while opening the window. Sam left this morning, opening the blind and curtain, but she didn't open the window. Nice. ''Hey Lou, I love you too.'' I peer out of the window at the road, seeing trees and bushes waving in the wind.

''We have a rapper in the family!'' Louis screeches to anyone listening to him and I hear a few light thumps as he probably runs to a room to tell someone. ''Zayn! She knows how to rhyme! You two should rap together!''

I pull a face at what Louis is saying, and laugh when a person below gives me a weird look, thinking the face I pulled was for him. I leave the window open and I'm about to turn away from it, when I notice a tile missing from the little edge of the window sill. That wasn't like that before.

I'm unaware of Louis' babbles of conversation and laughter as I go over to Sam's bed and pull the covers back, seeing a lump there. I frown when I see pillows lined up, to pretend it was her.

Where's she gone?

''Sage, are you listening to me?'' Louis huffs, realising I'm not answering him.

''Uh Lou, I'll be round in a few. Bye.'' I hang up and run downstairs, taking the stairs two at a time. I enter the kitchen, my eyes wandering around for Sam. ''Morning Mum!'' I cry, a little too enthusiastically.

Mum gives me a look as if to say 'Something's up' but lets it pass. ''Is it that time of the month?'' she asks, chopping up vegetables.

''Yeah... Hey Mum, Tiff said if I could go with her for breakfast and I said yes... So I'll be skipping breakfast here and going straight with her to Starbucks.''

''Sage,'' she sighs, putting her knife down. ''You know we're not made of money- ''

''It's her treat.''

''I don't care, you'll have to treat her sometime.''

''Yes, I will. But I'll be able to pay for it. I'll get a job.''

Mum raises her eyebrow at me and then nods. ''Fine.''

''Okay, I'll pay you back. Love you!'' I cry and then run back up to my room to get changed.

''Take Sam with you. And don't forget all your friends Sage, friends are more valuable than you think.'' I hear my mum mumble, before I'm out of earshot. I pull on a pair of dark grey skinny jeans, a pair of Vans trainers and a loose t-shirt. I quickly tug a brush through my hair, leaving it down and then I grab my phone and go back downstairs, grabbing the tenner on the table and slamming the door behind me with a quick ''Goodbye!''

I search for Sam's number and I dial it, waiting five minutes for her to pick up and when she doesn't, I frown. Where has she gone? What's she doing?