Chapter Ten.

Chapter Ten.

Harry.

''Don't you come anywhere near me again. Don't you see?! I hate you Harry Styles!'' she screams at me.

Ouch.

I know I'm not weak, but still, that hurt.

Sage storms past me, throwing her plate against the wall, grilled cheese and ceramic glass flying everywhere. I stagger back, trying to get out of her way and do so, just in time. She thunders past me and up the stairs and into her room, where she slams the door with such a force, the windows shudder.

Everyone stares at me, in the doorway and then Sam and Niall rush up to Sage's room.

''I think I'll leave...'' I mumble, looking down.

''Yeah, I think that's best.'' Lou puts a hand on my shoulder, as I stare angrily at the ground. Anger and sadness are bubbling away inside of me as I collect my stuff and leave.

I stamp down the path and into the park, which is a little way off form her house. I'm angry because she treats me like a piece of crap. And sad, because well, that hurt and we won't ever be the same again. Won't we?

Sometimes, friendships aren't made to last.

I kick at the grass and leaves that are beneath my feet and sigh. What did I ever do to deserve this?

It's life, I suppose. Life is so unfair at times.

Like when I was fourteen and I asked a girl out, she said yes, but the next day, she dumped me.

And like when my parents split up.

I miss her friendship, I miss the laughs we had together, I miss the moments we were together, I miss everything.

I miss her.

Sage.

''Hey honey, we're home!'' my mum calls up the stairs to me. I freeze. The plate. It's still on the counter. Crap.

After everyone went home, I cleared the living room up and then I tidied my bedroom. Well, I started, but then my mum and Shae came home. Camden is probably out with his friends.

I totally forgot about the plate. And the reason why it smashed.

''Mum! Hi! What did you guys buy?'' I ask, out of breath from running down the stairs to the living room, where they're taking their jackets off.

''The usual,'' Shae rolls her eyes.

''Oh... shall I make you two some drinks? You're both bound to be thirsty!'' I say, heading to the kitchen, hoping they don't notice something is going on.

''Sage. Get your backside out here.'' Mum tells me.

I grimace. Darn it.

''What's in the kitchen?'' she asks, as I creep back.

''Nothing...'' I try to convince her. Mum takes a step forward but I stop her, ''I dropped a plate by accident. I heard a bang and it made me jump.'' I rush to explain.

''Oh. Well. Put it in the bin but be careful not to cut yourself.''

I sigh in relief and hurry to the kitchen to put the pieces in the bin. Then I lean against the side, going over how it had cracked. Harry and I argued.
Wow, it seems like we're not going to be able to talk now.