Chapter One.

Chapter One.

''Sage!'' my mum calls upstairs to me. I sigh and put down the hair-dryer. It's lucky I've got good hearing, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have heard her. I turn the hair-dryer off, leaving my dirty blonde hair (which is nearly a light caramel colour) hanging wet down my back.

''Yeah?'' I ask, balancing myself on the last step.

''If you're going out, take Shae with you.'' she replies simply.

At the mention of her name, my sister Shae, pops her head out from the kitchen.

''What?! But Mum - '' I start complaining.

''No buts, Sage. If you're going out, take her with you.''

I clamp my mouth shut tight, stubbornly. My mother knows how much I want to go out and she lumbers me with Shae. Great. I mean, yes, I love her, but I like going out with my friends. Just my friends.

''Can't Camden stay here?''

''No, Camden and I are going out. He needs time alone with me since...''  

I'm stubborn, but my mother is too. Pity.

''Since dad left, yes. But that was, like fifteen years ago!''

''Still. Take her with you or don't go at all.''

''Ugh, fine!'' I cry, throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

''We don't want to leave her here, all alone now, do we?'' my mother's voice calls up.

''No.'' I reply. Shae is the youngest, Camden's the eldest and I'm the middle.

A few minutes later, Shae bounds up to my room.

''What should I wear?''

''Clothes,'' I reply sarcastically.

Even though I just made fun of her, she's in a good mood, so she laughs lightly instead of being hurt.

''No shit Sherlock.''

''Hey, no swearing you.''

''So? What should I wear?'' she completely ignores what I just said.

I roll my eyes and go to my wardrobe. I open it and look for a piece of clothing for Shae. I take a red jumpsuit sort of thing and hand it to her. It's strapless and instead of coming down to her ankles, it's like a pair of shorts.

''Aw that's nice! Thanks Sage!'' she smiles at me then leaves my room and enters the bathroom.

I close my door and then pull on my black shorts, white off the shoulder top and my gladiator sandals.

I dry my hair and leave it in a messy curtain of blonde and caramel.

I'm putting earrings in when Shae returns with the jumpsuit on and her hair wet.

''What do you think?'' she strikes a pose, tilting her head back and grinning.

''Nice. Not sure about the pose though,'' I tease her. ''I'm joking Shae, you look great.''

''Really?''

''Yes, now go dry your hair, Tiff will be here in a minute.''

Just as her door closes, the doorbell rings.

''I've got it!'' I yell, running down the steps at full pelt.

''Hey Sage! Ready?'' Tiffany beams at me.

''Nah, not yet. I've gotta bring Shae along too.''

''Oh okay. That doesn't matter,'' she opens her compact and looks at herself in the mirror. ''We'll find her someone to flirt with.'' she winks at me.

''Tiff, I'm not going out to flirt with boys.''

''Who said you were?''

Before I can answer, Shae comes down and hands me my hand-bag.

''Mum gave me money to spend, for both of us.''

''Cool. C'mon.''

We start walking down the street and we notice a group of boys walking in the same direction as us.

''They seem pretty cute,'' Tiff nudges me.

''Yeah.'' Shae answers for me.

Tiffany and Shae look at me weirdly.

I guess they think I haven't totally gotten over my last boy pain to be thinking of dating other boys.

They're right, I haven't.

YAY, there's the first chapter! I know it's kinda short, considering I normally do three or four pages...

Anyway, vote and comment, my carrots! (Carrots is the name I gave my fans, for those of you who didn't know.) I want this story to do pretty well, so read, recommend, whatever! Anything. Suggest to your friends... :)

Dedicated to Sage because.. its Sage haha :)

Love you carrots!

Amber x