Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Megan’s POV

I have always hated being awakened out of my sleep by my mistake of not closing the curtains before bed.  I could feel the sun rays beating down on my face; if this was any other morning I would be pissed, but given the fact that I had the worse nightmare ever, I am shocked to say that I am grateful for the curtains being open this early in the morning.  

I stretch out in my bed and realize that it feels much different than my normal bed; maybe I am still dreaming.  I roll to the side and I can feel that I am at the edge of the bed when I was just on the other end. Since when has my bed felt this small?

 I feel as if it is around eight in the morning so I finally open my eyes and quickly reclose them because that was not the sun beating down on my face.  It was one of those stupid lights that dentist shove in your face to inspect your teeth.

 “Shut that stupid light off!” I screamed at whatever idiot thought it was a good idea to wake me out of my sleep.  Almost instantly, the bright light was shut off and I could finally open my eyes.  When my eyes finally flutter open I am met with the sight of white; white everywhere when last time I checked, my walls were a light sky blue color.

 White sheets, white walls, and a woman dressed in white, which I soon realized was the pack doctor.  Seeing our pack doctor made the realization of what happened the night before come back like a ton of bricks just weighing me down and making me immobile. The doctor looked at me with sympathy in her eyes, which just confirmed my biggest fear.

He was really gone. The love of my life, my best friend, my mate was gone and he would never return.  The man that I hated, but at the same time I was going through all this trouble for so our future could be how fate wanted it. I  felt a tear run down my face which was something foreign to me, I haven’t cried in years; the last time I cried was when Jared confessed to me his feelings for Paige when we were 14. 

Megan doesn’t cry. I am far too strong of a person to cry so I wipe away the lone tear and jump out of bed with a vengeance.  The depression of losing my mate is still there, but it was replaced with fury.  I pushed aside the pack doctor and rush out of her house faster than I have ever moved in my life.  Before I knew what was going on I heard my clothes tearing and I felt my bones shifting.  Then pain from shifting gradually dulls with age and depends on how much a wolf shifts, but with my fury and sadness, I could not feel an ounce of pain. 

My wolf moved quickly to my house, the house Jared and I were supposed to live in until the new Alpha house was built.  My anger increased even more; we were never going to live together as a couple, we were never going to get married or make love or have pups.  All of my hopes and dreams were shattered by the pathetic excuse of a wolf.

Paige.

She is the reason why my future with Jared will never happen. I do not care if I don’t make it out alive after I kill her as long as the bitch suffers.  I want her to feel the same pain I am feeling. I want her to feel as if there is no reason to continue living, which means that Mason has to die along with those babies that she is carrying. 

My house finally came into my view and I ran up the porch steps and did not pause and shift to enter, I forcefully broke the front door down and raced up the stairs to my bedroom.  As I entered the room, I could feel my bones shifting for the second time within a few minutes and I entered the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom, in my human form.