Chapter 29

Paige's POV

To say that Mason is mad at me is an understatment. Beyond an understatement. He  refuses to talk to me, let alone look towards me. When we got into our bedroom he went into the bathroom and came out and grabbed his pillow and left me all alone in our bedroom. 

I know he has a reason to be mad, but i just can't sleep without him and he knows that. At times he can be such a drama queen. I cant help it, i needed answers. Mason should know that I have a problem with following his every command. It is in my nautre to disobey him, I can't help it.

I leave our temporary bedroom and go find him. I go down the hall towards the other spare bedroom and when I open the door, I find it empty. I go downstairs, thinking he is in the living room since that couch pulls out into a bed, still no Mason. Now im starting to get pissed.

The next best place to look would be his office since the couch in there was like the equivalent to sleeping on a cloud. I stand outside his office and try to turn the knob, but I find it to be locked. Well, at least I know where he is. I don't see how he is sleeping in there, given the fact that he destroyed it and has yet to get someone to clean it up. He is just way too attached to his office.

I knock softly on the door. "Mason?"

I hear him in there, but he does not respond to me. I knock again, but this time a little harder. "Mason!" 

He still does't open the door. 

I felt my bottom lip tremble at the thought of Mason so upset with us that he would let us sleep alone.  And when I say us, I mean his kids and me. I am seeing the signs of a great father. Okay so maybe that was a little unfair, but I am pregnant, meaning I am very emotional.

I go back down the hall and find myself back into our temporary bedroom. I walk in and grab the pillows off the bed and take them back to his office. I place the pillows down and go back into the bedrom and grab the duvet off the bed. I place that on the floor next to the pillows and I go downstairs to the closet in the hallway and grab several blankets.

I head back upstairs and make a makeshift bed on the floor right in front of his office door. Hopefully he will feel bad and come out to get me, because this shit is not comfortable at all.

Ten minutes pass and he still hasn't open the door. Maybe he doesn't know I am out here which is not likely since he was wolf senses.

"I guess I will just lay out here even though I am uncomfortable."

I did not even hear him move a muscle. I will have to take it up a notch. I know what I am about to say is not fair, but I want him by me when I fall asleep and when I wake up.

"I sure hope the babies are okay with me sleeping on this hard floor. I would not want anything bad to happen to them."

Not even 2 seconds pass before I hear the click of the lock and the door open.

I roll onto my back and look up at Mason. He still is not happy with me, but I could care less, as long as I could see him and cuddle with him. 

"Get up Paige."

"Not until you say that you are going to come to bed with me."

He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine. Just get up"

I mentally did a happy dance. He is such a sucker when it came to these two little ones that are growing happily in my tummy. I cannot wait for them to get here so I can see how he interacts with them. If one is a girl, she will have him wrapped around her little finger. God help him if we have two girls. He won't be able to make it. They both will be spoiled rotten.