The One

When I say I hate my life, I mean it; I hate my life. I am not pretty like the other girls and I am not even outgoing. I like to sit in my room and read. I actually like school but I hate going because I get bullied every day.

When my alarm went off at 7:00 my heart dropped. It's Monday morning and I want to cry because once again I have to go to Davis High School.

I groan as I drag myself out of bed and into the shower. I quickly dress and make my way downstairs for breakfast. 

"Good morning Paige," says my mother Anna. Why can't I look like her? She is beautiful with blonde hair down to her waist and blue eyes like the ocean. I am stuck with full brown hair, to my waist, that can't get fully straight. I also wish i had her eyes and not stuck with my once again dull brown ones.

"Morning mom. Where is dad?" 

"Your father had to go to work early. He is about to get relocated to New York in a couple of weeks." 

"So does that mean we are moving?!" 

"No dear, I couldn't bear to leave my job right now. Maybe next year after you've graduated."

My mother is a dedicated lawyer who has a promising career ahead of her and my father is a corporate business owner. My parents make sure they make a lot of money to let me have whatever I want. I just wish they were around more.

"Why can't I move with daddy?" 

"Honey, I really don't think that would be a good idea. I mean he would be so busy and gone most of the time. You wouldn't have anyone to look after you."

"Mom, that's perfectly okay. I am almost 18, I can look after myself. Hell I'm practically grown." 

"We will have to talk to your dad about this. But sweetheart don't get your hopes up okay? Now run along and get ready for school."

With that she got her keys and left me. What are the odds of me skipping and her not finding out? I go through my options and realize that it is best if I go so I can take my pre cal test. I sigh as I finish getting ready.