Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I stayed by Kale’s side the whole time he was unconscious doing my best not to go back up there and kill whoever did this to him. I might have broken a couple things and left a few indents in walls, but I made sure to stay in the basement just in case he woke up.

When he first came back down and closed his eyes, I made sure to wash and wrap all his wounds so now he was covered in bandages. My heart broke a little as I stared at his vulnerable position on the couch. I’ve never seen this before.

Then, I had called Tammy telling her that Kale got injured and she is now rushing over- apparently Ryder is fighting. Biting my nails, I paced back and forth waiting for Tammy to hurry up and get her butt here.

“Finally!” I shouted once I heard her light footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Sorry,” she breathed. “Do you know how hard it is to get passed a bunch of rogues?”

Flashing her a guilty smile because I didn’t even think about the rogues outside of this house, I motioned to where Kale was lying on the couch. “He’s gonna be alright. Right?” I looked up at her hesitantly.

She opened her mouth to say something but closed it. My shoulders sagged and I let out a shaky breath with my hand running through my hair. He had to be alright.

“He’ll be fine,” Tammy squeezed my shoulder firmly and sent me a small smile to show she was being honest. I closed my eyes and walked back over to Kale to be by his side.

My hand squeezed his and I lightly rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand. My gaze stayed on his face waiting for him to open his eyes and let me see his dark blue eyes that I’ve fallen in love with. To get myself to calm down, I kept repeating Tammy’s words in my head. He’ll be fine. He’ll be fine.

“You’ll be fine,” I whispered to him, but I knew he couldn’t hear because well, he wasn’t awake. My fist punched the floor. “Goddammit. Why’d you do this? Who did this to you?” My face was scrunched in anger and I closed my wolf to hold back my wolf, but suddenly, I wanted to kill whoever did this. “Don’t you dare leave me.”

I stood up and ran toward the stairs, my hands clenching and unclenching to restrain my anger. Tammy shouted out to me, but I ignored her intent on killing these rogues, or at least the one who hurt Kale. When I got to the top of the stairs, I shouldn’t have been shocked to see the brown eyes, but I was.

“Clayton,” I growled recognizing the scent of blood on him.

“Yes,” he smiled sweetly at me, a little too sweetly. I always knew something was off about this guy.

“What are you doing here?” I sent him a sickly sweet smile containing my anger, though I was sure I was shaking.

“I think you know.”

I wanted to kill him so badly- so did my wolf, but I knew I stood no chance next to him and I could tell he would get back up if I did attack him. I tried to find Ryder somewhere in this fight, but I didn’t see him at all. I couldn’t even catch his scent. However, I caught everyone else’s- Momo, Zack, Juliet, Wade, and Colt’s. I can’t believe they’re fighting.

Staring into his eyes, I suddenly remembered how his mate died. For some reason, I think I knew how his mate died just by the look in his eyes.  “Gee, I wonder how you’re mate died,” I told him sarcastically.

“Don’t talk about her like that!” he shouted striding forward angrily. I easily stepped back making sure to stay a couple feet away from him.

“Did you even know her?” I pressed calmly running my hand on the wall. It’s not like I was trying to get him angry, I was just quite curious.