Chapter 25

Chapter 25

My fingers froze since they were playing with his hair and my breath caught in my throat. Did he really just say that? He was still staring at me with an intense gaze that made me smile. He did. For some reason, I found myself blushing. I felt so insecure knowing he loves me. Is that weird?

He chuckled. “Why are you blushing?”

I shrugged. “I don-,” I stopped myself as I suddenly remembered something. “Remember you were going to tell me why you like my blush?”

All he did was give me a confused look, not loosening his grip on me. “What?”

“Remember? We were at the competition? And... yeah,” I tried explaining. I also tried to ‘forget’ to mention how I was supposed to tell him about Clayton.

Recognition appeared in his eyes. “Right! But first you have to tell me why your nose was hurting for a second time,” he raised an eye brow when he finished and walked over to sit behind his desk.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I acted as though I wasn’t hit by a cool breeze the moment he left. “Well I don’t remember,” I lied.

The corner of Kale’s lip twitched slightly. “Is that so?”

I nodded my head- a little too harsh than intended. “Positive.”

“That’s weird, because I remember learning that werewolves have very good memory.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. He knew, but I obviously wasn’t going to tell him. “Well I can’t seem to remember.”

He shrugged. “That’s too bad. I guess you won’t get to hear what you want,” he said sending me a smirk.

Trying not to let my annoyance and anger show, I changed the subject. “So can I stay?” I asked sounding very hopeful.

Kale hesitated as he stared at me. I sent him my puppy-dog face. “Pwease?”

He sighed. “Fine,” then his stare turned into a glare, “but only if you stay in the house and do exactly as you are told.”

“Promise,” I smiled. As long as I’m near him, I don’t care what I do.  “I have to go finish saying goodbye. Be right back,” I sent him a small wave and left, not staying to see if he replied.

I collapsed on the bed Sunday night. Kale had to go to some stupid meeting down state so I was alone all weekend because Tammy never came back even though her and Ryder should be here right now.  And honestly, their house is a little scary to be in alone. At night.

I just finished my homework that I procrastinated to do until the very end. It was 11:51 and I was extremely tired and missed Kale like crazy. When did he say he was coming back? I cannot remember for the life of me.

I snuggled in my sheets letting my mind shut down until I remembered the physics test I had tomorrow. My body jumped out of bed and across the room to grab my backpack from the desk and checked to see if I had brought anything from that class home.

Sighing in relief as I found my textbook and notebook, I set myself up at the desk turning only the desk lamp on. No need to waste more energy than needed.

As I sat down at in the chair, I heard a weird noise that sounded like a crack. Glancing down at my chair, I shrugged thinking that was what made the noise. I mean, it is pretty old. However, when I started reading the first chapter that was going to be on the test, the noise came again, only louder.

Okay, that was definitely not the chair. Slowly, I got up from the chair trying not to freak myself out if it was nothing. Maybe something fell and cracked the wood?