Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I stared at her wide eyed. I didn’t know what to say. Kale and I couldn’t be mates. We couldn’t be. I wasn’t ready.

“You should’ve just told me,” Tammy continued laughing, not noticing my shocked face. “This is great! We can be sisters!”

I stayed quiet staring at a picture of her and her brother on top of her dresser. I felt my eyes get wetter and tried blinking them away.

“Are you okay?” Tammy asked putting her hand on my shoulder.

I flinched away from the touch and jumped off her bed. I guess my legs couldn’t take it and gave out from under me making me collapse onto the ground.

I don’t know what happened, but I ended up wrapping my arms around my legs and started crying. I couldn’t stop. It was just one tear after another.

Once Tammy got passed the shock, she got down on her knees and wrapped her arms around me, but this time I didn’t move. I leaned into her more and cried allowing her to see the most vulnerable part of me.

It took me a couple minutes, but I managed to stop crying and was just sniffling.

“You okay?” She asked once she realized I wasn’t crying anymore.

I nodded. “Sorry,” I sniffled.

“It’s fine. Why don’t you just go take a shower?” Tammy said softly.

I nodded.

“I’ll bring you clothes later.” Nodding again, I got up and went into her attached bathroom.

I locked the door behind me and leaned my head against it. The coldness of the door soothed my burning forehead. Slowly, I lifted it up and turned to face the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, obviously showing I was crying, and some of my make-up had come off showing the corner of my black eye. My eyes were still empty and black.

I quickly took off my clothes and warmed the shower before getting in. I tensed when I heard a knock and the door open. I paused what I was doing and just felt myself frozen.

“Don’t worry. I’m just putting the clothes on the counter,” Tammy told me making me relax my body.

I sighed once she closed the door and continued showering. I winced when I grabbed the soap with my bad wrist and picked it up with the other. I looked at my stomach and gasped as I saw just how bad the cuts were.

They were bright red, with fresh blood surrounding them. I knew I should have bandaged them in case they got infected. I don’t understand how glass did that. I glanced at my shoulder and saw it was better. That’s strange.

I pulled the curtain and stepped out of the tub. Wrapping the towel around my body I started searching for cover up or bandages. I found none.