Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I heard a creak come from somewhere in the room, but I ignored. It was probably Tammy anyway to tell me to wake up for school and I am definitely not going today. I have a slight hangover, my head has cooled down, but is still not better, and I am just too tired to do anything.

Even being in Kale’s room to sleep did not help me to sleep any sooner than I would have if I stayed in my room. The only thing it did was calm my wolf down so she wasn’t so on edge.

“What are you doing in my bed?” I nearly jumped out of the bed when I heard a deep voice erupt within the room.

I shot myself up to a sitting position and turned to face Kale. Blushing, I told him, “I-er- didn’t think you’d be here.” This is pretty embarrassing. “I’ll be leaving now,” I trailed off pushing the covers off my legs.

Vaguely, I saw Kale’s eyes linger down to my legs before they went back to my face. “I didn’t say I didn’t mind,” he smirked as he saw me tugging my sweatshirt down slightly. “Babe, there’s nothing I won’t be seeing later on,” he winked as he pulled of his grey shirt.

Later on? How soon is later? I wasn’t ready for something like that! Apparently he saw the distress on my face and quickly dropped the smirk and ran over to me. Taking my head in his hands, he quietly said, “I promise I’ll wait for you. I won’t do anything you don’t want me to. There’s nothing to be worried about. Okay?” His eyes held so much sincerity I couldn’t respond.

“How many girls have you been with?” I blurted before I could stop myself. My hand quickly raised to my mouth as I slapped it shut, but I couldn’t help but feel jealous of those girls. He’s mine. “Sorry, you don’t need to a-,” he cut me off.

“Aubrey, those girls meant nothing. You’re all I need,” he smiled as his thumb rubbed my cheek. I smiled and nodded.

“What time is it?” I glanced over his shoulder at the clock on the opposite wall. “It’s only 3:27! Why am I awake?” I turned away from him to snuggle back in the covers before realizing this was his room. “Sorry,” I mumbled as heat rose to my cheeks. “I’ll be going.”

Kale’s hand shot out and stopped me. “I need you to stay here,” his voice held so much desperation that I nodded. “I heard what happened. Are you alright?” His eyes traveled down my body and around my head. “What about your head?” he asked while he lifted his hand and felt my forehead.

“Let’s go to sleep,” I motioned to the bed before he could say something else. He sighed when I changed topics, but got in the other side of the bed.

“Good night, Bree,” he whispered.

“Night,” was the last thing I said before sleep took over.

I pulled out the chair and took a bite of my cereal. It needed more milk. Hopefully Tammy bought more since we had run out the other day. When I opened the fridge, I smiled as I saw the new container of milk.

“What are you smiling at?” Kale asked from the table.

“Milk,” I picked it up and walked back over to the table.

He raised an eyebrow. “Milk?”

“Yes, milk,” I said as I poured more into the bowl until it reached the tip. “Perfect,” I mumbled dumping my spoon in and taking the bite. I swallowed. “I have to ask you something.”

“Shoot.”

“I noticed how you said you need me there. Why?” I turned to face him.

He shrugged. “Reasons.”