Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I nodded in a way to show I cared when in reality I just wanted to sneak away when he wasn’t looking. I sighed as he continued talking about something I could care less about.

I turned my head both ways looking out for Tammy. She couldn’t see me with him; she’d kill me. Thankfully, she was nowhere in my sights.

I had made sure I left without waiting for her at my locker ad texted her saying I was seeing a teacher and would walk home. She believed it.

“So ready to go?” I snapped my head up to look at Clayton smiling at me.

I nodded as I followed him to his car. I gulped. Did I really want to get in that car with him? What if he does something? What if this is a trick?

“Come on. I won’t bite,” he told me when he noticed I wasn’t going inside the car, “maybe,” he finished winking at me. I swallowed a nervous lump in my throat and shakily entered the BMW.

He started the car and I gazed out the window the whole ride in silence other than the faint noise of the radio.

We had been driving for a good ten minutes before I realized we were on the highway going a way I’ve never been before. This had me on high alert as I stiffened my shoulders and straightened my spine sitting upright in the seat.

Clayton glanced at me from the corner of his confused. “You alright there?” he chuckled letting go of the wheel for a second to slap my thigh.

I focused on the car in front of us and nodded. “Where are we going?” I choked out as I realized we were getting off an exit.

“You’ll see,” he grinned turning to me.

I tried my hardest to calm my beating heart, and I was very shocked he couldn’t hear it; or maybe he was just ignoring it. “Can you please just tell me?” I begged quietly.

Clay took his eyes off the road to look at me. “Are you sure you’re alright?” he asked picking up on my nerves. I nodded. “Well if you really want to know,” he sighed, “we’re going to get pizza.”

“So far away?”

“I know the owner,” he shrugged, “And plus it’s the best pizza you’ll ever have.”

I made a noise in the back of my throat and leaned my head on the headrest. I relaxed slightly, but not all the way, keeping myself of high defense still.

We stopped at a deli looking place, but it was completely abandoned; there wasn’t even a sign of the pizza place. “Is this the place?” I tried to hide the nervousness I was feeling.

“Yeah,” he said before opening his door and running over to my side to do the same. He held out his hand, but I ignored it jumping from the car by myself. “Right this way,” he bowed to the entrance of the creepy building.

“Are you sure this is the place?” I asked hesitantly stopping right outside the double doors.

“Positive,” he gripped my arm wrapping his cold hand around me then dragging me inside.

“Ouch,” I muttered trying to get out of his grip. “Let go,” I hissed.

“Sorry,” he quickly dropped it, but didn’t turn around.

It was then that I noticed where we were. And we sure as hell weren’t getting pizza. And of course, my stomach just had to grumble at that moment.

Everyone became silent and turned to us.

This felt like a scene taken out of the movies. Do you want to know where Clay brought me? He brought me to a bar. A bar.

“You cannot be serious,” I murmured as I followed him to the counter. The strange thing is, this place was packed.