Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I opened my mouth to respond, but I couldn’t form any words to say to the handsome man in front of me. I got distracted my how his straight black hair fell into his one eye and I felt my hand twitch to reach out and fix it.

I heard him clear his throat and I snapped my gaze back to his eyes. The hair that fell in his blue eyes was not there anymore. I guess he had moved it.

I gulped. It scared me how much I wanted him. I tried opening my mouth again to speak, but I was speechless once my eyes saw how his maroon v neck hugged his abs perfectly.

He chuckled. I felt my legs get all wobbly again and gripped the table harder.

“Speechless?” he started while chuckling, “I get that a lot.”

I frowned. No one should be looking at him except me.

My frown deepened. I shouldn’t have thought that. It’s not like he’s mine.

“Okay, ready?” Tammy asked running down the stairs. I nodded.

“Bye guys!” She yelled to the living room.

There were a couple “bye’s” and “see ya’s” before I felt her grab my hand and drag me toward the door.

I lightly winced wishing she would stop doing that. Right before she closed the door, I heard a faint growl that made me happy she was holding onto me or I would’ve fell to the ground.

It was silent the rest of the drive to the address I gave her, but it was a comfortable one.

“Here we are,” she said once she pulled into the driveway.

“Thanks,” I murmured opening the door.

“Wait!”

“Yeah?” I asked turning around to face her.

“Want me to give you a ride to school tomorrow?”

I shook my head. I saw her smile fade a little but she still managed to keep it on her face.

I sighed. I know I am going to regret this, “I guess,” I said before closing the door behind me.

When she was out of view I started walking the five blocks to my house. I don’t want her to know where I live. I don’t want anyone to know.

Slowly, I opened the door and perked my ears up to listen for any noise in the house. I could probably hear a pin drop. I shut the door and walked into the kitchen. I placed my backpack o the counter and looked through the fridge and took out an apple.

When I bit into it I heard the door open and talking followed after.