21

A/n: AND IT IS OUT! Thank you all for your patience! I am soooo sorry for the wait, I have zero excuses. I'm a shit ass person, I know! But I'm a shit ass person who also is reallyyyyy sorry! Anyways, look how cute our favorite unit chief is when he smiles :)
Also; I'm putting trigger warnings on this chapter and maybe the next one as well, there's not much details but I'm doing it just in case!

"So tell us about him," Morgan said as the whole team sat in the briefing room a few hours later. "What's he like? How's his personality?"

"That's the thing," I sighed. "He has no personality, I've been trying my whole life to figure him out but I just can't!"

"Maybe you're too close, he is your father it's no wonder you can't figure him out," Dave replied.

"Well, he was always violent, even before my brother died," I started. "I guess it got worse when he passed, my dad was the one who found him." It hurt, it hurt to talk about my brother. Mostly because it reminded me of how I would never see his face in a crowded room again and even if I knew that, I never stopped looking. He was too good to leave the face of earth.

"I think maybe, he punishing me was a way for him to punish himself. He was a very loving father though, even if he was downright insane he cried when I cried and hurt when I hurt."

"So he knows that taking Rose will hurt you, and seeing you hurting will hurt him?" Garcia asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I know, it doesn't make any sense," I sighed.

"When does this job ever make sense?" Garcia giggled.

Three weeks later:

"Are you okay?" Garcia asked as she stepped into her office.

"You know what sucks?" I asked, playing with one of her pens as I sat in her chair.

She shook her head.

"That I went through the toughest and hardest times in my life by myself, I wiped my own tears and picked myself back up because no one was gonna rub my back and tell me it was all gonna be okay," I started.

"I thought that didn't need anyone, but what she made me realize is that I. need. her." I bit my bottom lip, keeping the tears from falling down. "How could I let this happen? How could I leave her when I knew he was out there?"

"It's not your fault," Garcia tried but I just scoffed.

"Don't start, okay?" I said, but it came out more like a whisper.

"Tell me what I can do to make you feel better," Garcia gave me a sympathetic smile.

"You can change the subject," I answered with a small smile.

"Okay, you and Hotch-" I groaned before she could finish the sentence. "What?" She asked, "I know you like him," she gave me a playful smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said as innocent as I could.

"Don't lie to me Alex Blake," she said with a stern voice. "You looove him, don't you?" She teased.

"Do not," I mumbled. "I just happen to spend a lot of time with him because he likes keeping an eye on me."

"Well that's bullshit," Garcia huffed.

"It's pretty damn good bullshit, though," I answered with a smirk.

"Alex, Hotch wants you in the briefing room," Reid said as he appeared beside Garcia.

"Be right there," I answered and he nodded before disappearing again. "Duty calls," I said as I stood up.