17

A/n: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, it's been a lot lately and I just lack inspiration right now. This is a really short chapter and I apologize but there's gonna happen some stuff very sooon ;)

It was way too early in the morning and I hadn't slept at all. I was up thinking about Jack and Scott and everything was just so overwhelming. I just kept sipping on my gross coffee and stared with my tired eyes on the photos on the fridge.

I sighed.

"Good morning," Rose said while entering the kitchen.

"If you say so," I answered and took another sip from my disgusting coffee.

"There's actually something I need to talk to about," she said with a sigh.

"What?" I asked.

"Your dad is out of jail" Rose said with a whisper.

I almost choked on the black liquid and after a few seconds of coughing, I started to digest what she had just said. It was not good, not good at all. I didn't really know how to react, he was a terrible man who did terrible things and now he would have a chance to do terrible things again.

"I don't know what to do," I finally said.

"I know," Rose took my hand in hers, to show support, "you can always ask Aaron for help?" She suggested.

"No," I freed my hands from hers and leaned back in my chair.

"Why not?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"We're not exactly on speaking terms right now, plus I don't need him, I'm fine on my own." I answered.

***

"We have a case," JJ said as soon as I stepped into the office.

A loud sigh escaped my mouth and I made my way to the briefing room.

"What do we have?" Dave asked when everyone was gathered.

"Madelene Ryder, 24 year old singer was found outside her apartment in Toronto, dead," garcia said, showing us the pictures.

"I've heard of her, she's pretty good," I said.

"So why kill her?" Reid asked.

"I've heard she's been involved with a lot of drugs lately, maybe she owed someone money?" I guessed.

"But it says here that she was frozen to death, why take the time when you could just kill her?" JJ asked.

"Have you ever heard the phrase; 'It is not who fired the shot but who paid for the bullet'?" I looked at her. "Maybe someone wanted her dead, hired someone to take care of it and the unsub just had a little fun in the meantime."

"But who would want her dead?" Garcia asked.

"What do you think, Aaron?" I asked, not really wanting to talk to him but he hadn't said anything yet.

"Sir," he replied.

"Excuse me?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"To you, it's sir," he said, without looking up from his file. "If you even can follow that simple request."

I could feel my irritation growing inside, he was just unbelievable.

"Okay, sir, your snarky comments and bitter attitude is the least of my worries right now" I bit my lip in an attempt to not scream at him.

"So I would recommend you saving your energy and creative mind for someone who actually cares!" I narrowed my eyes in his. "You disappeared for months, you wouldn't even let us know that you were still alive, that Jack was still alive! Do you understand? It sucked without you here," the last words came out as a whisper.

When he didn't say anything, I turned around and walked out of the room. He was really pushing my buttons but I didn't have the energy to argue with him, not with my dad out of jail. And when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, guess what? It did.

"Alex, can we please talk?" Scott sat on my chair by my desk, waiting for me.

"Absolutely not," I answered.

"Please!" He begged, "you at least have to give me some credit for being honest."

I scoffed.

"Are you serious right now?" I narrowed my eyes in his. "You're an asshole, Scott, you're just a stupid brown haired boy and I never want to see you again!"

"Just give me a chance!" He stood up from my chair and quickly walked up to me.

"Leave. me. alone," I stared into his eyes, showing that I was dead serious.

"Okay, I'll leave," he whispered.

I didn't answer, I just wanted him gone.

"You okay?" Morgan asked when Scott had left.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said with a stern voice.

"You sure?" He raised his eyebrows.

I sighed.

"Let's just get on with the case," I said and took my files.

He nodded and we headed for the jet.